MOOSEJAW'S PRIVACY NOTICE
We Last Updated Our Privacy Notice on March 17, 2023.
New Moosejaw, LLC ("Moosejaw") is committed to protecting online user privacy because we love you. In order to help ensure your privacy, information Moosejaw collects through the Moosejaw website at www.moosejaw.com ("Site") is used and disclosed only in the manners and for the purposes described in this Moosejaw.com Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice"). Moosejaw is a part of the DICK'S Sporting Goods Family of Businesses.
What Personal Information We Collect
We may collect or receive the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected or received about every individual:
- Identifiers: Personal identifiers, such as name, telephone number, physical address, email address, government-issued identifiers (e.g., national identification numbers, driver’s license numbers), and signatures
- Device Information and Online Activity: Device and online identifiers, account login information, keystroke patterns indicative of human or bot website/app usage, mobile and web network activity and related information (such as Mac address, IP address, cookie IDs, browser activity, and other information associated with your browsing history), and social media information
- Commercial Information: Purchase and transaction history information (such as products or services you have purchased, rented, or returned), health and safety-related information, product testimonials, travel and vacation information, and competition entries
- Communications: Communication details (such as the content of emails, text messages, or other communications), call logs, and calendar information where we are a party to the exchange
- Demographic Information: Demographic information, such as age (including information about children under the age of 13 with respect to certain purchases and services (e.g., tobacco purchases), gender, citizenship, ethnicity, date of birth, family or marital status, household income, education, professional and employment information, family health, number of children, number of cars owned, and software or virtual assets owned
- Financial Information: Financial information, such as credit or debit card numbers, financial account numbers, and claims information
- Biometric Information: Biometric information, such as voice prints, imagery of the iris or retina, face geometry, and palm prints or fingerprints
- Geolocation: Location information, such as geolocation information
- Sensory Information: Audio, visual information, and other sensory information such as photographs and audio and video recordings
- Background Information: Background and criminal information, such as background checks and criminal convictions
- Inferences: Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors, intelligence, and aptitudes
How We Collect Information
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. It may be:
- Provided directly by you or a member of your household
- Collected from a device associated with you or your household
- Collected through in-store technology
- Collected from another company within our Family of Businesses
- Collected from an external third-party source
- Collected from another solution or asset
- Collected from other sources, when it is appropriate, to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our services, increase the appeal and relevance of advertising, and to prevent or detect fraud
Information Provided Directly by You or a Member of Your Household
You share information directly with us in various ways. For example:
- When you interact with us, for example by accessing our websites, using our mobile apps or calling customer service;
- When you email us, ask a question or comment to Moosejaw or submit a customer review;
- When you create an account or make a wish list, information such as name, email, postal address, telephone number, and gender;
- When you make a purchase, billing and shipping addresses, including relevant e-mail, phone and credit card numbers and expiration dates;
- When you enter any Moosejaw contests or other promotional features available on the Site.
Information Collected from a Device Associated with You or Your Household
You may set your Internet Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent. If you prevent a cookie from being sent, you may limit the functionality Moosejaw can provide you when you visit the Site, especially when purchasing an item on the Site.
"Do Not Track" Requests: Do Not Track is a voluntary program among Internet advertisers that is intended to give users the ability to opt out of behavioral targeting and advertising. At this time, we do not respond to "do not track" settings from browsers.
Information Collected through In-Store Technology
We may collect your personal information from technology we use in our stores, such as our facility cameras. We operate cameras in store for security and operational purposes, for example, to help us improve the design of our stores to better serve our customers.
Information We Collect from Another Company within Our Family of Companies
We may collect your personal information from another organization within our Family of Businesses.
Information We Collect From External Third-Party Sources
We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our services, and prevent or detect fraud. We also receive information, such as device information and browsing information, from third parties for marketing purposes, for example to provide you with personalized ads on Moosejaw and third-party websites and mobile services.
Use of Information
Moosejaw uses the information collected from its customers for:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytics services, providing storage, or providing similar services
- Providing advertising and marketing services, including targeted advertising
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement, including auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Short-term, transient use, such as non-personalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us
- Helping to ensure security and integrity and prevent fraud
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services or devices and to improve, upgrade, or enhance them
- Debugging to identify and repair errors
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research and development, including undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations
We may use sensitive personal information for each of the purposes described above and to make inferences about customers, which we may use to promote certain products or services.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Updating Your Information
You may review your account information and update or correct any errors. You can also make choices about whether to receive special offers from Moosejaw. To update your account information, go to Moosejaw.com, sign into your account, and edit your profile. If you would like to be removed from mailing lists or other promotional emails you can unsubscribe using the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any promotional email. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of your request for you.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Moosejaw may disclose information as described below or with your consent.
All of the categories of personal information that we collect have been disclosed to other companies, including those within our corporate family, for a business purpose.
We may disclose information to our corporate affiliates, including within the DICK'S Sporting Goods Family of Businesses. When we do, the information will be used in ways that are consistent with this Notice.
We disclose information to service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, marketing and advertising vendors, and companies that help us improve our products and services.
Moosejaw may disclose your information to others if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Moosejaw or others. Moosejaw may disclose information to a third party in the event that another company acquires Moosejaw or part of its assets, or in the event of reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation of our company.
From time to time, Moosejaw may disclose your information to other companies in order to provide you with a special offer or promotion that we think you will find valuable. Unless you specifically tell us that you do not want to receive these special offers (we can't imagine why), we may disclose your information.
Deidentified & Aggregated Personal Information:
We continually strive to make customer shopping experiences more relevant and with less friction and may offer related services and insights to our suppliers and others. As a result, we may disclose to others insights that combine information from many customers in ways that do not directly identify you. For example, we may combine your shopping history with that of other customers to deliver generalized insights to our suppliers. These insights do not identify individual customers. This information helps our suppliers provide products and services relevant to our customers. We may receive payment for these insights.
To deliver information about products and services that may be of interest to you, we may disclose information to other companies, such as publishers, advertisers and measurement analytics providers. For example, we may disclose device-related data (such as device identifier, type of device, IP address, cookies and other information associated with your browsing and app usage) and individual preferences and characteristics (such as insights and inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors). This information does not identify you directly, but is necessary to personalize the advertisements you receive. We do not receive payment for this information.
Option to Limit Disclosure to Third Parties
We only disclose your Information to companies that provide products or services that we believe interest our customers. You can opt out of this disclosure. If you do not want your information disclosed to third parties outside our corporate family for their direct marketing purposes, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call Moosejaw at 877.666.7352.
Categories of Personal Information We Disclose to Each Type of Third Party:
We may disclose your personal information to certain categories of third parties, as described below.
|Types of Third Parties to Which the Personal Information Was Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose|
|Those we are legally required to disclose to||Audio, visual, and other sensory information
Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law
Device and online identifiers and related information
Individual preferences and characteristics
Internet, application, and network activity
Purchase history information
|Service providers that receive data in order to provide services to us (e.g. technology providers, cloud storage providers, etc.)||Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law
Device and online identifiers and related information
Individual preferences and characteristics
Internet, application, and network activity
Purchase history information
State Privacy Rights
Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act:
Virginia residents can exercise the following rights by going to the footer of our website or settings section of our app and selecting the "Request My Personal Information" link:
- Request to Access My Personal Information
- Delete My Personal Information
- Correct My Personal Information
Virginia residents can exercise the following rights by going to the footer of our website or the settings section of our app and selecting the "My Privacy Choices" link:
- Opt Out of the Processing of My Personal Information for Purposes of Targeted Advertising
If we decline to take action on one of your rights as a Virginia resident, you can submit an appeal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Consumer Privacy Act:
Note: This California section uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations.
Sale and Sharing of Personal Information
We may sell or share personal information with third parties for various purposes including cross-context behavioral advertising. These kinds of disclosures may be deemed selling or sharing personal information under California law and you have the right to opt out of these disclosures. We may sell or share for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes (and may have sold or shared during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Notice) the following categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information Sold or Shared||Category of Third-Party Recipient|
|Identifiers||Service providers (such as advertising networks, marketplace sellers, analytics providers, etc.)|
|Device Information and Online Activity||Business partners that receive data for their own independent use and not to provide services to a DICK'S Sporting Goods Family of Businesses entity|
|Demographic Information||Business partners that receive data for their own independent use and not to provide services to a DICK'S Sporting Goods Family of Businesses entity; Service providers that receive data to provide services to a DICK'S Sporting Goods Family of Businesses entity (e.g., analytics providers, advertising networks, cloud storage providers, etc.); Business partners|
|Geolocation||Business partners that receive data for their own independent use and not to provide services to a DICK'S Sporting Goods Family of Businesses entity|
|Inferences||Business partners that receive data for their own independent use and not to provide services to a DICK'S Sporting Goods Family of Businesses entity; Service providers that receive data to provide services to a DICK'S Sporting Goods Family of Businesses entity (e.g., analytics providers, cloud storage providers, etc.); Business partners|
Sale or Share of Personal Information of Consumers under 16 Years of Age
We do not knowingly sell or share (for cross-context behavioral advertising) the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age. For more information about treatment of children's personal information, see the Children's Privacy section below.
What Are Your California Privacy Rights?
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information, and we will fulfill each request to the extent required by law. If we are unable to comply with your request in whole or in part, we will notify you with reasons for the denial.
As stated in more detail below, you can request that we:
- Provide you with access to a copy of and certain details regarding the personal information we have about you.
- Delete your personal information.
- Stop selling your personal information or sharing your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- Correct your inaccurate personal information.
- Limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information (SPI).
To exercise any of these privacy rights, call 1-877-666-7352, press one, and say, "I’d like to exercise my privacy rights." Or follow the instructions below specific to the type of request.
- Request to Access My Personal Information: You have the right to request access to the personal information we may have collected about you. To access your personal information, click "Request My Personal Information."
Requests to access your personal information may be submitted up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. In response, we will return to you the following categories of information, to the extent required by law:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing your personal information.
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold or shared for cross-context behavioral advertising, along with the categories of third parties we sold it to or shared it with for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the categories of third parties we disclosed it to.
- Delete My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct our service providers to do the same. Choosing to delete your personal information may impact your ability to use our websites and online features, including closure of your online account, and limit your use of in-store functions that require your personal information. To delete your personal information, click "Request My Personal Information."
- Stop Selling or Sharing My Personal Information: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information or sharing of your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising and can request that we stop by clicking "My Privacy Choices" or by using the Global Privacy Control as described below.
Your opt-out request may be processed differently depending on whether you are logged into your account. If you are logged in, your preference will be associated with your account, and the device on which you exercised your choice. When you log in from another device or browser, it too will be automatically opted out. If you are not logged into your account, your request will only be associated with that one browser. We also support your use of the Global Privacy Control (GPC). If you notify us of your privacy preferences through GPC, we will honor your request with respect to the browser or device that sends us the GPC signal, and when you login to your account from that device, the opt-out will extend to your account, as well.
If you change your preference from opt-in to opt-out, you may be asked to confirm your preference prior to it taking effect. After opting out of the sale of your personal information or sharing of your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising, you may still receive ads from us, however they will not be tailored to you.
- Correct My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we correct the personal information we may have collected about you if that information is inaccurate. We reserve the right to request identifying documentation from you in certain circumstances, as permitted by law. To correct your personal information, click "Request My Personal Information."
- Limit the Use and Disclosure of SPI: You have the right to ask that we limit our use and disclosure of your SPI to certain purposes permitted by law and can do so by clicking "My Privacy Choices."
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. We will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Some programs or membership services require usage of personal information to function, so compliance with your request may impact those experiences.
How Do We Verify Your Identity to Complete Your Access, Correction and Deletion Requests:
If you request access to, or the correction or deletion of, your personal information we will verify your identity before disclosing the requested information. To do so, we may ask that you log into your account or provide us with your:
- First name*, Middle initial, Last name*
- Email address
- Phone number
When you make a request, you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself to help us verify your identity. Third-party identification services may help us with verification to prevent disclosure of your personal information resulting from fraudulent requests. You may be asked to log into your online account and complete a one-time passcode validation. In the event more documentation is necessary to verify your identity, we will notify you directly.
What If You Can’t Verify My Identity?
If we can’t verify your identity, we will notify you, and your request(s) to access, request, or delete your personal information may not be processed. Any requests may be denied if we have reason to believe they are fraudulent.
How Do I Submit a Request Using an Authorized Agent?
If you’d like an authorized agent to exercise your rights for you, they may use the same links described above to submit requests. We require documentation demonstrating your agent’s authority to submit requests on your behalf. For example, a valid power of attorney or other documentation, including a letter, signed by you (the California resident) authorizing the agent to submit your requests. You can download a sample letter from the request form. Documentation may be uploaded at the time you submit your request on our website or provided to us up to 10 business days after. If you submit your request by calling, you can email your forms to email@example.com.
Shine the Light
California residents also have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties. To exercise this right, contact us at the address provided in the Contact Information section below.
Notice of Financial Incentive
If we provide a financial incentive, we will provide you with the details, including how the incentive is related to your data before you participate so that you may make an informed decision about whether and how to participate. In the event you decide to take advantage of a financial incentive, you will always have the right to withdraw from participation and we will provide you with directions on how to do so.
Linked Internet Websites
We want to improve your online experience and make it easier to discover new products and services through our websites and mobile services. We may provide you with links to other online services (such as websites or social media platforms) and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets, and plug ins. We may not own or control these linked online services or third-party features, and we are not responsible for the information practices of the third parties that have ownership or control over them. In some cases, these third parties operate independently from us, which means their privacy practices are not covered in this Notice. We recommend that you review their privacy statements to learn about these third parties' privacy practices, including details on the information they may collect about you.
The Moosejaw.com Site is not directed towards children under 13 years of age and Moosejaw does not knowingly collect any information from children under 13 years of age through the Site. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe we may have collected information from your child through our website and we will work to delete it.
We will keep the personal information we collect about you for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice or any other notice provided at the time of data collection, but no longer than as required or permitted under applicable law or internal policy. We dispose of the information we collect in accordance with our retention policies and procedures.
We use reasonable information security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards.
Applicable Law/International Issues
We may transfer Information to any jurisdiction where we or our service providers do business. Even if those jurisdictions do not have the same privacy laws as the jurisdiction where you reside, we will treat information as subject to the protections described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable laws. By providing us with your Information, you acknowledge that you have read this Privacy Notice, understand it, agree to its terms and consent to the transfer of such information outside your resident jurisdiction. If you do not consent to the terms of this Notice, please do not use this Site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Amendments to Privacy Notice
Moosejaw reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice periodically. We will post the date this Privacy Notice was last updated. You should check the Site periodically to review the most recent Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions about our services or Privacy Notice, please contact:
Moosejaw Customer Service
PO Box 71460
Madison Heights, MI 48071
You can also refer to our FAQs.
Love the Madness,
- Sign in to Moosejaw
- Customer Service FAQs
- Moosejaw Promise
- Shipping Rates + Info
- Returns + Exchanges
- Price Match Policy
- International Orders
- Privacy Notice
- Terms + Conditions
- Contact Moosejaw
- Store Locator
- Moosejaw Shop Events
- Work at Moosejaw
- About Moosejaw
- Bulk Sales
- Group Sales
- Moosejaw Rewards