The Petzl GriGri 2 is probably the second coolset piece of climbing gear we've ever carried, and features a new design that creates incredible control during descents. Petzl designed the GriGri 2 to perform during lead climbing and top roping, and it can be used with all single dynamic 8.9 mm to 11 mm climbing ropes on the market, and is optimized for 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm ropes. Want to know what makes the GriGri 2 work so great? Well, one of your hands holds the climbing rope while the other uses the handle to unlock the cam, and the patented handle design allows for a very gradual release of the rope. The handle design and strong braking action of the cam of the GriGri 2 combine to offer unbeatable control and an awesome feeling of security when rappelling or lowering a partner. Chapter Three: The Petzl GriGri 2 is built with a stainless steel friction plate and cam, so it will live a long, happy life, and it is compact and weighs in at 170 grams, which is 20 percent lighter than the GriGri.
DECENT FEATURES of the Petzl GriGri 2 Belay Device
- Belay technique identical to classic belay systems: Both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope
- Assisted Braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the free end of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. In combination with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of security when lowering a partner or rappelling
- The GRIGRI 2 is compact and ultra-light at 185 g (25% smaller and 20% lighter than the GRIGRI)
- Built with a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (optimized for 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm ropes)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
The SPECS of the Petzl GriGri 2 Belay Device
- Weight: 170 g
- Rope Compatibility: For use with single ropes between 8.9 and 11 mm in diameter
- Aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
- Certification(s): PrEN 15151, UIAA
ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.