The Patagonia Ascensionist 45L Pack is an alpine climbing pack for multiday trips up the mountain. The Ascensionist has a sleek look with no-frills so you can push it to the top without worrying about hauling extra weight or getting your gear caught. Compress the load with the side webbing straps or strap your skis in an A-frame to the sides for the trip upwards. Attach and protect your ice axes to the outside of the pack via the tool pocket at the bottom of the pack. Daisy chains are made of thin webbing to reduce weight, but still allow for additional gear to be strapped to the outside. The spindrift collar opens large for stuffing items inside and closes one-handed while the second collar keeps everything protected and allows for overstuffing. A polyurethane coating over all fabrics keep gear dry in nasty weather.
FEATURES of the Patagonia Ascensionist 45L Pack
- Spindrift collar opens wide for easy packing; drawcord simultaneously cinches collar and closes lid for a secure seal; additional spindrift collar deploys to protect your gear when you have overstuffed your pack
- Aluminum stays with trampoline center give the pack structure and help to support heavy loads, but can be removed for lightweight pursuits
- Padded hip belt can be removed to create a simple webbing hip belt
- Center sheath ice axe carry system accommodates a wide assortment of axes
- Daisy chains on front and side panels provide lashing options; compression straps on sides help manage different size loads
- Hydration bladder pocket with tube exit port in main compartment
- Zippered pocket on lid provides easy access to small items
SPECIFICATIONS of the Patagonia Ascensionist 45L Pack
- Weight: 35.9 oz / 1020 g
- Volume: 2746 cubic inches / 45 L
- Body: 6.25-oz 210-denier nylon semi-dull double-ripstop and 6.05-oz 400-denier nylon ripstop
- Lining: 1.8-oz 40-denier nylon double-ripstop with a polyurethane coating and silicone finish and 200-denier polyester
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.