The new Smart assisted-belay device by Mammut offers unparalleled safety and ease of use for cragging, all in a lightweight and inexpensive package. The unique design combines very easy rope management making feeding a huge armload of slack for that hard clip easy, with a super-dependable locking feature that makes catching a hard fall very easy, even with ultra-skinny ropes. A side benefit is that this locking action makes marathon belay sessions easy while while your partner dogs his project for the upmpteenth time. Not for use as an autoblocking belay device.
FEATURES of the Mammut Smart
- Its intuitive operation and clever handling make the Smart equally popular among both indoor and sport climbers
- It dynamically brakes the climber in an accidental fall and locks even at low levels of force exerted by the user
- In situations where the user has a sudden shock, the function corresponds to the reflex movements of the human body
- The improved geometry of the carabiner opening allows comfortable releasing of the lead climber
- Suitable for all current HMS carabiners and single ropes from 8.7 to 10.5 mm in diameter
SPECIFICATIONS of the Mammut Smart
ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.