Moosejaw Staff Pick
"I have had the MSR Miniworks EX Microfilter for almost 10 years now and it has never failed me. Sure, there are faster filters now, but this guy will simply not let you down because it's really easy to use and field maintain. Just screw your large mouth bottle on the bottom of the filter, throw your hose in the water, and then pump away. The ceramic cartridge is super durable, as well as the housing. I have dropped it a lot and never had anything break on it. The carbon core filter actually flavor corrects the water too, so you don't have strong mineral tastes, and you can even pair the MSR Miniworks EX up with any tab you would use to kill viruses. Use the tab, then filter that water through this and it will be virus, bacteria, and grit free, but still taste fresh. A great piece of reliable gear."
Jeff - Moosejaw Secret Headquarters
The Miniworks EX Microfilter by MSR. The MiniWorks EX microfilter is the worldwide best-selling microfilter, delivering long-lasting, field-maintainable water filtration in demanding environments. Engineered for frequent and heavy use, it utilizes MSR's workhorse Marathon EX carbon/ceramic element to ensure clean, reliable and taste-free water. Thanks to its innovative AirSpring Accumulator, it's capable of pumping one liter per minute and the flow rate can be renewed easily and repeatedly in the field-no tools required. It's lightweight and compact and, most importantly, been proven reliable by thousands of adventurers just like you.
DECENT FEATURES of the MSR Miniworks EX Microfilter
- Long-Lasting: Durable ceramic element filters up to 2,000 liters
- Solid Activated Carbon Core: Removes unpleasant tastes and many chemical contaminants
- Fast Flow Rate: AirSpring Accumulator increases filtration speed up to 1 liter per minute
- Field-Maintainable: Can be cleaned repeatedly for full filter recovery; no tools required for complete disassembly
- Chemicals/Toxins (taste/odor)
- Weight: 16 oz / 456 g
- Dimension: 7.5" x 2.75" / 19 x 7 cm
- Filter Matrix: Ceramic
- Filter Pore Size: 0.2 Micron
- Flow: 1 Liters per minute
- Flow: 80-90 Strokes per liter
- Cartridge Life: 2000 Liters
- Field Cleanable
- Field Maintainable
- Mechanical Advantage (pumping)
- Water Bottle Adapter
- Cartridge Replacement Indicator
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.