The Nammatj GT 3 Person Tent by Hilleberg. The Nammatj and its extended vestibule version, the Nammatj GT, are arguably Hilleberg's most versatile tents. Made with Hilleberg's Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and employing 10 mm poles, they are equal in strength and stability to Hilleberg's Keron models, but because of their single entrance and vestibule, they are impressively light in weight. They are exceptional choices for all season use in exposed and/or above tree line terrain, or for demanding, extended winter camping trips in extreme conditions, yet they are also easily light enough for long trips in more moderate climes. Both the Nammatj and the Nammatj GT models have smaller footprints then their Keron counterpart models, yet they have the same inner tent square footage, and so are excellent for limited-space sites such as narrow ridge lines or ledges. Both tents' tunnel tent design is geared more for mobile adventures, where you pitch your tent every day, but both can be used quite effectively for base camp-oriented trips, as well.
The Nammatj and Nammatj GT are the masters of both high and low country, equally suited for a high altitude expedition or a weekend walk in the local hills. These robust all-season, all-arounders pitch quickly and easily, can be taken down and moved in a flash, yet are far stronger and lighter than any other tent in their class. Because of their superb weight to strength ratio and compact footprints, both the Nammatj and Nammatj GT have become immensely popular with extreme users, such as polar travelers looking to save weight, mountaineers doing remote routes in the highest ranges, professional guides, and military special forces teams. But these same characteristics are just as highly prized by more "regular" users, as well: backpackers, cycle and paddle tourers, and anyone needing maximum strength while reducing weight.
DECENT FEATURES of the Hilleberg Nammatj GT 3 Person Tent
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles make for an exceptionally stable tent
- Pitching requires only four pegs, yet additional peg and guy line points - 14 on the Nammatj and 18 on the Nammatj GT - provide a myriad of options for increasing stability. Remarkably strong Spectra guy lines are attached to both the vestibule and back wall vents and at two points on all pole sleeves on both sides of the tent
- Both Nammatj and Nammatj GT have spacious interiors with full sitting height in most of the inner tent, one vertical inner tent entrance, and, thanks to the tunnel design itself, near-vertical side walls
- A single entrance and vestibule afford easy access and plenty of storage space, but keep the weight low. The Nammatj GT's extended vestibule provides even more storage space
- The entrance on the GT's extended vestibule boasts a full no-see-um mesh door (which can be zipped off completely), and a multi-slider zipper door that can be opened from the top, side, or bottom
- The ventilation system in both the Nammatj and Nammatj GT function regardless of the weather conditions, thanks to their integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- The inner tent door has a full no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel for greater venting and weather protection options
- Large vents in the vestibule and on the back wall, placed high enough to keep air moving even if the tent is dug down into deep snow
- Both vents are backed with no-see-um mesh and adjustable, air-permeable snow-proof panels that are accessible either from inside the vestibule or the tent
- Capacity: 3
- Minimum Weight: 7 lbs 1 oz / 3.2 kg
- Packed Weight: 8 lbs 10 oz / 3.9 kg
- Inner Height: 42" / 105 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 36.6 square feet / 3.4 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 30.1 square feet / 2.8 square meter
- Poles (10 mm): 3 x 129.1" / 3 x 328 cm
- Pegs: 22 Y-Pegs
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship this product outside of the United States or Canada. Sorry about everything.