The Black Diamond Magnetron VaporLock Carabiner is a locking carabiner for belaying, as well as traditional or alpine climbing. The pear-shaped carabiner is the lightest weight option in the Magnetron line. The Magnetron technology is easy to use and locks securely with a keylock nose that won't snag. Magnets are so cool, just ask Jesse Pinkman.
FEATURES of the Black Diamond Magnetron VaporLock Carabiner
- A light and versatile pear-shaped locking biner with the security and ease-of-use of our innovative Magnetron Technology, the Magnetron VaporLock is ideal for long free routes.
- A revolution in auto-locking carabiner design, Magnetron Technology uses two independent magnetic arms in the gate and a steel insert in the nose to lock the carabiner. One-handed operation works with the right or left hand, and two independent actions arerequired for the gate to open, creating an ultra-secure, easy-to-use locking mechanism.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Black Diamond Magnetron Vaporlock Carabiner
- Weight: 2.0 oz
- Color: Lime (with assorted locking arms)
- Closed Gate Strength: 4,721 lbf
- Open Gate Strength: 1,798 lbf
- Minor Axis Strength: 1,798 lbf
- Gate opening: 0.79 in
ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.