Moosejaw Staff Pick
"Put simply, the Arcteryx Arrakis 65 Pack is just plain bad ass! There is no need for a pack cover here because this AC2 pack by Arcteryx can do it all from winter trips in -10°F, to summer canoe and backpacking trips. This pack is basically waterproof from rain but not submergable, so if that's a possibility you'll want to get some dry bags. There is a large mouth opening on the top as well as a large zipper down the side to help you find all of your gear. I am someone who beats up my gear and I have had this pack for about two years so far, used it on about 10 trips, and never had an issue, partially because it fits me so well. There aren't too many pockets on this pack, so the more organized you are the better. The Arrakis can hold a ton of gear and I have been able to use this pack on trips as long as 10 days. There are even removable straps on the outside just in case you need to strap additional gear onto the outside. It is a bit expensive, but the pack has been well worth it, and it may be the last 60-75L pack you'll ever need to buy."
Eric the Red - Rochester Moosejaw
The Arrakis 65 Backpack by Arcteryx. Designed for crossover versatility, the largest weather resistant pack, the Arrakis 65 by Arcteryx, is sized for multi-day ski trips, backpacking excursions or climbing expeditions. A dual-stage RollTop closure compresses small or extends for an additional 10 liters of volume. The customizable Lash Ladder system accommodates skis/boards, ropes, or camping gear. Featuring a full-length side zip, external probe pocket and large kangaroo pocket.
DECENT FEATURES of the Arcteryx Arrakis 65 Pack
We are not able to ship Arcteryx products outside the US because of that other thing.
- AC2 (Advanced Composite Construction) suspension system
- Built with ACT highly-durable, weather resistant, fully seam-sealed fabric
- Extendable RollTop closure provides a weather resistant seal
- Top pocket with key clip
- Mini security pocket
- Thermoformed shoulder straps
- GridLock system adjusts for height and width
- Laminated AC2 fusion points
- Kangaroo pocket with drain hole
- Hydration bladder compatible via the Hydroport and Hydro Tube Clip
- WaterTight external zippers
- Ice tool carry system
- Probe / tool pocket
- Thermoformed hipbelt with rotating Load Transfer Disc
The SPECS for Regular
- 420D ACT Fabric
- 6005-T6 extruded aluminum M-bar stays
- HD 80 foam
- Hypercell foam
The SPECS for Tall
- Volume: 3844 cubic inches / 63 liter
- Weight: 85 oz / 2400 g
- Extend To: 4394 cubic inches / 72 liter
- Volume: 4028 cubic inches / 66 liter
- Weight: 99 oz / 2800 g
- Extend To: 4577 cubic inches / 75 liter
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.