The Yakima Mako Saddles turn your roof rack into a saddle-type kayak rack that cradles your kayak hull-side down. This Yakima rack accessory features form-fitting cradles that fit any hull shape, dynaflex pads that flex to grip the boat hull securely, and a tightening strap that gives you control over the grip on your kayak. A Yakima kayak rack makes it easy to load up and travel with your kayak so when you're sick of buildings, roads and people you can hit the water.
FEATURES of the Yakima Mako Saddles
- Mako pads protect the hull and Dynaflex grips provide a snug hold when you tighten the straps
- Padded buckle protects your boat and your vehicle
- Fit car rack systems with round and square crossbars
- Fits factory aerobars with the use of Universal Mighty Mounts sold seperately
- Integrated rubber pad in center of saddle allows kayak to slide when strap is loose, then grips hull securely when straps are tightened
- For use with plastic and composite hulls
- Mako Pads(8004027) add an extra layer of protection at contact points with boat to protect hull's finish (suggested for optimal protection of gel-coated composite hulls)
- The pads also allow for easier sliding of kayak into cradles
- Can be used in conjunction with Hully Roller
SPECIFICATIONS of the Yakima Mako Saddles
- Weight: per pair: 3 lbs
- Dimension: (T x W x L): 6.5 x 8 x 10"
- Capacity: 2 pair per kayak (or 1 pair Makos with 1 pair of HullyRollers)
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.