Rated 5 out of
Super Warm, Winning Jacket with Tons of Great FeaturesThis is absolutely the best winter jacket I've ever owned! I'm 5'7", and the small fits me perfectly from the length of the body to the length of the sleeves and the size of the hood. It has kept me very warm so far this winter in Boston where it's been as low as 20F. Walking around, I feel like I'm in a cocoon of warmth and well protected from the elements. I look forward to wearing it ALL winter.,,,,What the photos and description don't completely show are the pockets. There are 9 pockets in all. On the outside are: 2 chest pockets with merino lining, the 2 flap pockets, and 2 side pockets with zippers behind the 2 flap pockets. On the inside are: 1 very large patch pocket perfect for gloves and a hat, 1 mesh pocket with zipper by the chest, and 1 larger mesh pocket with a button closure. Then there is a drawcord around the waist around and another drawcord at the bottom of the jacket.,,,,I've gotten a lot of compliments for this jacket, and I recommend it to all my friends!,,,,
Date published: 2014-12-09
Rated 3 out of
Stylish around town parkaI bought this parka for wearing around town or walking the dog in extreme cold weather. The construction quality is excellent and it has several great features that are not commonly available in other parkas. It is not without flaws though. Here is a breakdown.
- Both waist and hem draw cords, and in the hood.
- Lots of pockets, inside and out.
- Really high quality construction.
- Attached hood, and real coyote fur ruff is nice
- Elastic cuffs keep out drafts
- Durable fabric, somewhat waterproof
- It's heavy, but for around town, who cares?
- No hand warmer pockets. The slash pockets are uninsulated like the rest.
- No draft baffle behind the zipper, just a flap.
- **The sleeves are 1) too tight, and 2) very light on insulation. This is probably the worst part. I don't have big forearms, but I can't even layer a light sweater under this size medium parka--and because the sleeves have almost no insulation, there are cold spots on top of the arms by the elbow. (Fit in body is fine, just the sleeves are tight.)
Will it keep you warm? Probably. I've been out at 15F degrees a couple times now and once at 4F degrees, and stayed warm--except for in the sleeves. For this kind of money, it should be cozy to at least -10F. Instead of a great parka, what Woolrich is selling is just pretty good.