Backcountry Skiing, Ice and Mixed Climbing, Mountaineering and Alpine
Mountain Performance, Slope to Lodge
Men's Outerwear & Clothing
28 - 30"
32 - 34"
36 - 38"
40 - 42"
WESTCOMB MEASUREMENT GUIDE
How to Measure
To get the most accurate measurement, use a flexible measuring tape and refer to the measuring guide info below.
1. CHEST - Measurement should be taken around the fullest part, just under the arms and across the shoulder blades.
2. WAIST - Measure loosely around waist above or around belly button.
3. HIP - Stand, feet together, and measure around the fullest part of the seat.
4. INSEAM - Measure from crotch to the floor.
5. SLEEVE - With elbow bent, measure from center back of neck to back elbow and down to outside wrist bone.
Rated 5 out of
DP in KC from
Fantastic JacketThis is a "do-it-all" piece of outdoor gear! (For me, at least.) I walk for exercise, and need multiple jackets of various types to cover all the various weather conditions that can occur (Wind, rain, moderate temps or below zero, snow, ice, you name it, we've got it). Westcomb makes high quality jackets, and this is definitely one of them.
The fit is right for me, as I'm right in between a small and medium, and this "small" is roomy enough for layers, but also fine by itself (it has some stretch to it).
It's got enough primaloft to keep you warm down to about 25 -30, with an icebreaker layer underneath (as long as you're moving). It's also waterproof, which means it's good in all weather conditions when the temps allow it. When it gets colder, I just put a down jacket over it (if it's that cold, you won't have to worry about rain). It's an essential part of my winter wardrobe.
The only potential negatives are that the front waist is a little short for my purposes, and the hood doesn't have any adjustments. It still fits pretty good, but you'll need hooded layers or a knit cap to keep the wind off your noggin. These are not enough to keep me from recommending this jacket. It's pricey, so look for a sale. If it fits you, you won't be disappointed!