The Sierra Designs Lightning 2 Tent is a two person backpacking tent for traveling the backcountry. The freestanding tent comes in at just under four pounds and sports a hybrid double/single wall that no only helps drop the weight but allows for dry set up when you arrive at camp in the pouring rain. Remember how ridiculous you used to look attempting to toss a rainfly over your tent in gale-force winds with driving rain? Not only does this design prevent that, but the large single door has a 15 inch awning, clearing your door from rain drops as you exit and enter. The two side gear closets protect your pack, shoes, and other items from getting drenched without blocking the doorway. Accessible from the inside and outside of the tent, you don't even have to share a spot for your gear with your hiking partner. All the space on the inside is ready for sleeping, or sitting up and playing a game of cards until night falls or the rain fades away.
FEATURES of the Sierra Designs Lightning 2 Tent
- Freestanding: Can be pitched anywhere-no matter how impenetrable the surface
- Large single drop door: Single door saves weight, but is uncommonly wide and large enough for two to sit side by side
- 15" integrated awning pole: Maximizes the door opening and drip line without the added weight of a support pole
- Hybrid double/single wall: Reduces weight and provides quick set-up, even in the rain
SPECIFICATIONS of the Sierra Designs Lightning 2 Tent
- Season: 3-season
- Capacity: 2-person
- Minimum Weight: 3 lbs 14 oz
- Packaged Weight: 4 lbs 5 oz
- Footprint Weight: 8 oz
- Floor Area: 29.9 square feet
- Gear Closet: 4.1 + 4.1 square feet
- Number of Closet: 2
- Awning Overhang: 15"
- Awning Height: 36"
- Interior Peak Height: 42.5"
- Packed Dimension: (L x D): 16.5" x 6.5"
- Number of Door: 1
- Free Standing: Yes
- Number of Pole: 1
- Pole Weight: 17 oz
- Number of Stake: 8
- Number of Guy Line: 2
- Pole: DAC Pressfit
- Fly Fabric: 75D Polyester Taffeta
- Floor Fabric: 70D Nylon Taffeta
- Body Fabric: 20D Nylon No-See-Um Mesh