Products on Sale are Discontinued Styles or Colors.
The SMC Capra Ice Axe is one of the lightest weight axes in this category, with the 65cm version weighing in at a mere 16.08 ounces. Among the other more notable features of the Capra is the head and handle; both are completely new designs from SMC. The head fits more comfortably into the user's hand helping to minimize the discomfort often associated with using a mountaineering axe for extended periods on time as on longer routes. While the overall weight of this axe is remarkably light, the axe features a full sized chromoly steel head and spike, not ones that were chopped off to save weight. The unique handle is designed to be easier to index in hand for surer placement and in self-arrest. Great balance and swing weight are hallmarks of this new axe. Every part of the Capra is an entirely new design and not only is it one of the most advanced axes on the market; it is manufactured entirely at the SMC factory in Ferndale, WA.
FEATURES of the SMC Capra Ice Axe
- Head fits more comfortably into user's hand
- Remarkable lightweight design
- Full-sized chromoly steel head and spike
- Handle designed to be easier to index in hand for surer placement and in self-arrest
- Ideal balance and swing weight
- Manufactured in Ferndale, WA, USA
SPECIFICATIONS of the SMC Capra Ice Axe
- Weight (65 cm): 16.08 oz
- Head and Spike: Chromoly Steel
ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.