The Princeton Tec Byte Headlamp is proof positive that the smart kids at Princeton Tech think big by thinking small. Don't be fooled by the size of this Princeton Tec headlamp. Although smaller and lighter than its big brothers Fuel and Remix, the Byte is capable of packing a powerful punch thanks to a Maxbright LED. The Princeton Tec lamp comes in the form of a red Ultrabright LED to ensure your night vision will never be compromised. As with the rest of The Family, Byte is equipped with an asymmetrical single arm bracket, easily accessible battery door enclosure, and large push button switch, all at a mere 64 grams.
FEATURES of the Tec Byte Headlamp by Princeton Tec
- Focused Narrow Beams: This pattern creates a long, powerful beam of light excellent for illuminating distant areas. The resulting long-throw spotlight is especially well-suited for night hiking and search and rescue.
- Lumen 35: The light output of Princeton Tec lights is measured in lumens. A lumen is unit derived by the International System of Units (SI) for measuring light output.
- Maxbright LED: The highest quality LED available from Lumileds, Princeton Tec’s Maxbright LED is extremely bright and efficient. This single LED emits a smooth, powerful, white light useful for a wide range of tasks. Princeton Tec uses collimators or reflectors with the Maxbright LED depending upon the application.
- Waterproof - Level 1: Level 1 is assigned to lights that offer a degree of water protection equivalent to IPX4 in the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards. Lights rated at Level 1 are designed for water resistance to splashing and quick dunkings. If a light with a Level 1 rating is accidentally submerged for a longer period of time, the batteries should be removed and the cabinets should be carefully inspected for signs of battery leakage. If water has entered the housing, the light should be dried and batteries replaced.
- Ultrabright LED: The highest quality LED available, the Ultrabright LED is bright and efficient. The smooth, white, wide-beam light emitted by Ultrabright LEDs is ideal for close to mid-range tasks. Ultrabright LEDs are usually grouped together to offer a more powerful light source. Advances currently underway will continue to improve the efficiency and brightness of Ultrabright LEDs.
- Ideal Uses: Camping, climbing and running.
SPECIFICATIONS for Red Beam Setting:
- Power: 35 Lumens
- Lamp: Maxbright LED, Red Ultrabright LED
- Burn Time: up to 146 Hours
- Batteries: 2 AAA Alkaline or Lithium
- Weight: 64 Grams
SPECIFICATIONS for Low Beam Setting:
- Burn Time: 146 Hours
- Beam Length: 8 Meters
- Beam Pattern: Wide
SPECIFICATIONS for High Beam Setting:
- Burn Time: 96 Hours
- Beam Length: 16 Meters
- Beam Pattern: Narrow
- Burn Time: 80 Hours
- Beam Length: 32 Meters
- Beam Pattern: Narrow