The Tibloc Ascender by Petzl can be used to address a wide range of needs like helping the second climber or hauling someone out of a crevasse or up a wall. This ascender was designed to grip the rope tenaciously under the worst conditions. The self-cleaning cam is designed to provide grip even on mud and ice encrusted ropes with its thin teeth that pass between the fibers of the sheath without damaging the rope. This device has a new refined cam to increase the efficiency in which the ascender glides on the rope. This is the last sentence of the description, I hope you like it just as much as all the other sentences. It took my nine hours to write it.
DECENT FEATURES of the Petzl Tibloc Ascender
- Chrome-plated steel cam with angled teeth and self-cleaning slot securely grips the rope, even in muddy or icy conditions
- Can be used as a progress capture device in a hauling system
- Small hole at top of Tibloc allows a keeper cord to be attached
The SPECS of the Petzl Tibloc Ascender
- Weight: 39 g
- Case Quantity: 40
- For use on single 8-11 mm ropes with a locking carabiner having a 10 to 12 mm round or oval cross section, such as the Am'D, ATTACHE, William, etc.)
- Certification(s): CE EN 567, UIAA
- Chrome-plated steel
ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.