Patagonia's measurements refer to body size and NOT garment dimensions. Sorry for yelling about it.
Each Patagonia product is designed and shaped specifically for its intended use, and below are their generalized four fit descriptions, and details about each fit. The Patagonia fit for each style can be found in the product description features or specifications.
• Conforms to the body's contours.
• Closer-fitting. Slim-fitting technical garments may be worn over baselayers and light midlayers.
• Neither slim nor oversized. Regular-fitting technical garments may be worn over heavier midlayers. Men's regular fit pants have a slimmer fit through that thigh, lower leg, and cuff.
• Drapes loosely on the body. Men's relaxed fit pants have a bit of extra room through the hip, thigh, lower, and cuff.
CLASSIC BOY FIT
• Boxy, athletic, with a traditional crew neck.
• Formfitting and longer in the torso, with a wider, deeper neck (not quite scoop).