"In Stock" means this item is ready to ship. Orders place before 3pm EST using Ship Speeds of 1-5 Days will ship SAME DAY. Orders using 5-10 day shipping will ship within one business day.
"Ship Date" means we'll special-order the product for you and this is the date we expect your shipment to leave our warehouse.
"Oversized" means the item is too large for 5-10 Day Shipping (Free over $49) and can only be shipped via 4-5 Day Shipping. Additional shipping charges may apply.
"Freight" means the item is too large for 5-10 Day Shipping (Free over $49) and must be shipped by truck freight for an additional fee. Someone must be present to accept delivery so we will call to schedule.
If you have any questions, please Live Chat one of our sort of smart customer experience personnel.
If you are one of the few that enjoy speaking to real human, please call 877-666-7352
Available in S / M and M / L. Select the size that matches your typical apparel size.
14 - 18"
Zealot + Syncro
16 - 19"
18 - 21"
Kid Carriers + Kids' Packs
Age / Weight
14 - 20"
12 - 16 years old
13 - 19"
10 - 14 years old
15 1/2 - 21 1/2"
Holds up to 48.5 lbs (child, gear and pack combined)
S / M
M / L
Standard Fixed Hipbelts
25 - 50"
24 - 45"
24 - 25"
26 - 45"
27 - 48"
28 - 50"
29 - 55"
Variant Interchangeable Hipbelts
27 - 31"
30 - 34"
33 - 37"
Xena + Ariel Interchangeable Hipbelts
27 - 31"
30 - 34"
Xenith + Aether Interchangeable Hipbelts
30 - 34"
33 - 37"
OSPREY MEASUREMENT GUIDE
Please note that the info provided above refers to the torso size each pack will fit, and NOT any dimensions of the pack. Below are some steps for how to get your torso length. You should probably have someone help take this measurement for you so it is accurate. And they might accidentally touch your butt.
HOW TO MEASURE TORSO LENGTH:
• Start at the iliac crest, which is the top of the hipbones on the side of your body. These act like a shelf for supporting a pack hipbelt.
• From this level on your spine, measure to the C7 vertebrae, the knobby bone at the base of your neck when you put your head down.
• Make sure you keep your back as straight as possible while measuring.
• This torso measurement determines what size Osprey pack you should carry. Refer to the size charts above to find your ideal size.
• If you are in between sizes, it is ideal to try them both on before ordering.
HOW TO MEASURE HIPBELT SIZE:
• Measure around your hips at your iliac crest, NOT your waist.
• A properly fitted hipbelt rides centered over the hipbones and needs to be very snug.
• The padded portion should wrap well around your hips, leaving a gap of 3 to 6 inches between the tips of the both hip pads when securely tightened.
• Refer to the Hipbelts size chart above to help determine your ideal Osprey pack size, but again, your torso length is what should determine your pack size, NOT the hipbelt.
Rated 5 out of
Outstanding construction, functionality, and performance. Love it. The flight locker is fantastic.I am a very frequent air traveler. I have used many different carry on bags and this one is the best. The flight locker is awesome and took the place of three space bags and was more convenient to use. My last trip included gift shopping (6 t-shirts) and I was able to include them in a already full flight locker and everything fit and the Contrail very easy to fit into the overhead bin (md-80 right hand overhead bins). Finally also use a full computer case that fit on top of the Contrail and did not crust the top of the Contrail and was very easy to move through the airport and aircraft.
Date published: 2013-12-22
Rated 5 out of
Mary Ann from
Osprey Makes Awesome LuggageI have had an Osprey Vector bag for years and love it. They no longer make it so I bought the Contrail. It is just as fantastic as the Vector. It is light, sturdy and holds tons. It has several inside and outside pockets. Has a bonus that it comes with a removable clothes organizer and a laundry bag. Makes the luggage very versatile as it can be used just to stuff with as much as you want or can be used to highly organize and keep clothes neat if you happen to be traveling to a place where you need "nice" clothes. I traveled for 3 weeks in New Zealand with my Vector 22 as my only piece of luggage and was amazed what I could fit in. This holds just as much. SO if you are a traveler who just likes to stuff into a duffel bag or an OCD person who loves neat folded clothes the Contrail will work for you. It is accepted as a carry on bag by airlines,
Date published: 2014-11-11
bvseo_cps, prod_bvrr, vn_cps_3.2.1
co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
loc_en_US, sid_10198012, PRD, sort_relevancy
bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.;