"In Stock" means this item is ready to ship. Orders place before 3pm EST using Ship Speeds of 1-5 Days will ship SAME DAY. Orders using 5-10 day shipping will ship within one business day.
"Ship Date" means we'll special-order the product for you and this is the date we expect your shipment to leave our warehouse.
"Oversized" means the item is too large for 5-10 Day Shipping (Free over $49) and can only be shipped via 4-5 Day Shipping. Additional shipping charges may apply.
"Freight" means the item is too large for 5-10 Day Shipping (Free over $49) and must be shipped by truck freight for an additional fee. Someone must be present to accept delivery so we will call to schedule.
If you have any questions, please Live Chat one of our sort of smart customer experience personnel.
If you are one of the few that enjoy speaking to real human, please call 877-666-7352
The Osprey Beta Port Courier Bag is a shoulder bag for the tech-saavy person that can't live without their tablet. The Beta Port is prepped and ready for all of your electronics, even without opening the front flap. The small zippered stash pocket is just the right size for your smart phone, allowing you quick access when you're on the go. Open up the main flap and you're provided with a window to the internet (assuming you have a wi-fi connection). The zippered section is padded on one side and the see-through window on the other allows you to use your tablet without ever taking it out of the bag. A safer, quicker way to check your calendar when riding the bus or train into the city. The rest of the bag has organization sleeves for paperwork, pens, and whatever else you need to carry along.
Products on Sale are Discontinued Styles or Colors.
Available in S / M and M / L. Select the size that matches your typical apparel size.
14 - 18"
Zealot + Syncro
16 - 19"
18 - 21"
Kid Carriers + Kids' Packs
Age / Weight
14 - 20"
12 - 16 years old
13 - 19"
10 - 14 years old
15 1/2 - 21 1/2"
Holds up to 48.5 lbs (child, gear and pack combined)
S / M
M / L
Standard Fixed Hipbelts
25 - 50"
24 - 45"
24 - 25"
26 - 45"
27 - 48"
28 - 50"
29 - 55"
Variant Interchangeable Hipbelts
27 - 31"
30 - 34"
33 - 37"
Xena + Ariel Interchangeable Hipbelts
27 - 31"
30 - 34"
Xenith + Aether Interchangeable Hipbelts
30 - 34"
33 - 37"
OSPREY MEASUREMENT GUIDE
Please note that the info provided above refers to the torso size each pack will fit, and NOT any dimensions of the pack. Below are some steps for how to get your torso length. You should probably have someone help take this measurement for you so it is accurate. And they might accidentally touch your butt.
HOW TO MEASURE TORSO LENGTH:
• Start at the iliac crest, which is the top of the hipbones on the side of your body. These act like a shelf for supporting a pack hipbelt.
• From this level on your spine, measure to the C7 vertebrae, the knobby bone at the base of your neck when you put your head down.
• Make sure you keep your back as straight as possible while measuring.
• This torso measurement determines what size Osprey pack you should carry. Refer to the size charts above to find your ideal size.
• If you are in between sizes, it is ideal to try them both on before ordering.
HOW TO MEASURE HIPBELT SIZE:
• Measure around your hips at your iliac crest, NOT your waist.
• A properly fitted hipbelt rides centered over the hipbones and needs to be very snug.
• The padded portion should wrap well around your hips, leaving a gap of 3 to 6 inches between the tips of the both hip pads when securely tightened.
• Refer to the Hipbelts size chart above to help determine your ideal Osprey pack size, but again, your torso length is what should determine your pack size, NOT the hipbelt.
Rated 4 out of
Compact Excellent BagYou can never go wrong when purchasing Osprey bags. I actually own a Beta Port and have purchased a second one as a gift. It is an excellent bag for daily work use. I carry my laptop mostly, and at times and additional book and iPad. I love the side entry pocket for quick access. I use it for phone, headphones, ID badge.
The smart plastic that lets you use your iPad through it I feel is not that useful. I would have rather seen Osprey place something else there. I use it to carry a book, documents, or the iPad w/ case.
The size of the bag can be a problem. It has not give so there is a max due to the way it was constructed. But if you are looking for a compact daily use bag that can carry a macbook air, iPad, and a few documents I would take this bag over any Timbuk2 that I have seen.