The El Cap Haul Bag by Metolius. Durathane is the toughest haul bag fabric on the planet! Durathane is 10 times more abrasion resistant than the vinyl-coated nylon used in most other haul bags! Sure, it costs a little more, but typical vinyl bags wear out in 2 or 3 walls. Metolius testers have been telling us that Durathane haul bags can last for 20 walls or more! If you want to buy only one haul bag for your entire big-wall career and then be buried in it at the end, Durathane haul bags are the only choice.
DECENT FEATURES of the Metolius El Cap Haul Bag
- Haul bags don't get any tougher
- The main seam is RF welded, forming a leak-proof seal that is stronger than the fabric itself
- All structural stitching is covered with 3" webbing and re-stitched
- River-bag-style closure
- Well-padded, ergonomically-cut suspension system tucks away in seconds for hauling
- Virtually indestructible, custom aluminum closure buckles
- Dual, top compression straps
- Offset haul points
- 3 Internal gear loops
- Zippered internal stash pocket
- Drain hole
- Weight: 8 lbs. / 3.6 kg
- Volume: 9600 cubic inches / 157 L
- Dimensions: 37" tall x 18" plus 16" collar / 940 mm x 457 mm plus 406 mm
- Under bag haul points: 1.3 kN / 300 lbf
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.