The Marmot Limelight 3P Tent is a roomy tent capable of bringing you closer to the outdoors. Built for camping and simplicity the pre-bends in the DAC press-fit main poles expand the interior vertical space. This means you can fit a total of three hikers plus, the set-up is a cinch. It includes everything you need to get started, from footprint to tent body and even a rain fly. Like the previous version, there is still two doors, but one of the two is much, much larger, so you can open it up to the views around you. Or close it to keep out the bugs. The mesh up top keeps breezes flowing while the lower half is 100% polyester taffeta for a little bit more privacy when the rain fly is off. When the rain fly is on, you're treated with two large vestibules to store gear. Once the sun sets, tuck your headlamp into the lamp shade pocket, tossing ambient light within the tent space, so you don't blind your hiking partners while trying to find your clean pair of socks.
FEATURES of the Marmot Limelight 3 Person Tent
Marmot Neue Zone Construction Provides more Livable Space
One Super-Sized Double Door and Rear D Shaped Door with Two Vestibules
Sleep Zone Pre-Bends Create Vertical Walls and a More Roomy Sleeping Area
Lampshade pocket securely holds your headlamp to provide ambient light
Interior Pockets for Small Gear Organization
Jingle-Free Nylon Zipper Pulls
DAC Press-Fit Poles Main Poles / Velocity Aluminum 7000 Ridge Pole
22 x 8 in.
Minimum Trail Weight:
6 lbs, 0.5 oz
68D Polyester Taffeta 190T 1500mm F/R
Number of Poles:
11.3 square feet
68D 100 % Polyester Taffeta F/R
68D Polyester Taffeta 190T 2000mm F/R
Tent Pole Diameter:
48 x 68 x 90 in.
Tent Pole Material:
42.5 Square Feet
Free Standing, Vestibule, Double Wall, Footprint Included
Number of Doors:
MARMOT GEAR FIT GUIDE and INFO
SLEEPING BAGS Marmot offers a variety of sleeping bags with different fit specifications. In order to find the best fit for you, please follow the instructions below:
• Click on the PRODUCT DETAILS tab on the product page of the sleeping bag you're interested in.
• Look under the Product 'SPECIFICATIONS' header. From there you will find specific info on bag weight, dimensions, and the body meausrements that will fit that specific sleeping bag.
• Please double check that you clicked on the correct size before you order. Often times there are multiple size options on one product page, so please be sure to verify you've selected the right one. Sorry to sound so bossy.
Choosing the correct fit for a pack is vital, and Marmot offers multiple fit and size options in order to accommodate all body types. In order to find the best fit for you, please follow the instructions below:
• Click on the PRODUCT DETAILS tab on the product page of the backpack you're interested in.
• Look under the Product 'SPECIFICATIONS' header. In this section you will find helpful info on what sizes that specific product will fit, including torso fit range and how much weight the pack can hold.
• Please double check that you clicked on the correct size before you order. Quite frequently there are multiple size options on one product page, so verifying that you've selected the right size is SUPER important. So annoying, I know. Please don't hate me.
Rated 5 out of
Roomy!I won this tent from the Moosejaw VR challenge and I was not in any way disappointed with the prize. And not in a "Why complain since it's free?" kind of way. I've owned a few Marmot tents and my favorite thing about them is that when they say they are for three people or four people, you can actually fit that number of people in the tent without laying on top of each other.
So far the tent has proved to be pretty durable and extremely waterproof. All Marmot tents that I've owned have stood up to severe rain with no issue. I prefer this model to the Limestone 4P that I have due to having two doors rather than one.
Date published: 2016-07-19
Rated 5 out of
a good 3P for 2PI purchased this Marmot 3P for two of us as a replacement for the Marmot 2P I had been using. The 2P had kind of gotten wragged (we tend to be hard on gear, and yes, rag with a w), and although the 2P gave very good service, it is too small for 2P, no room for gear, footprint too small etc. This newer design is very nice, it gives a little more useable space inside even as a designated 3P, but is great for 2P because of all the extra room for gear, larger Nemo pad etc. etc. I recommend this tent for 2 people, but also recommend that you purchase a larger footprint. Marmot has designed the footprints to dovetail with the stakes from the tent itself, which is a nice design, but I like a little larger footprint. Overall a good design, very useable space and a good value, especially since I used all my Moosejaw Money to buy it.