The MSR XGK EX is an expedition-proven stove that's trusted by mountaineers for reliable performance in extreme conditions. When you're far above the treeline and away from any rivers or streams, you'll be grateful for the uncompromising performance as you melt snow at high altitude. It is capable of boiling 1 liter of water in under 3 minutes, and maintains itself with the Shaker Jet™ which cleans as you hike (it has a little needle which bobs around as you move, cleaning the fuel jet). Featuring a flexible fuel line, you can stow this stove into a 1.5-liter pot. These qualities have made this stove a backcountry staple for over 35 years and, unless they finally come out with a stove-app, is sure to be around for at least 35 more.
FEATURES of the MSR XGK EX Stove
- Burns white gas, kerosene, diesel, jet fuel, aviation gas and unleaded auto gas
- Shaker Jet technology and unique fuel delivery ensure the cleanest burn possible with minimal maintenance regardless of fuel
- Rugged Build: Engineered for exceptional stability and lasting durability
- Fast: A snow-melting and water-boiling powerhouse, boiling water in as little as 2.8 minutes
SPECIFICATIONS of the MSR XGK EX Stove
- Minimum Weight: 13.2 oz / 374 g
- Packaged Weight: 17.2 oz / 489 g
- Water Boiled: Per 20 oz (600 ml) Fuel Bottle: 34 liter
- Water Boiled: Per Ounce Fuel: 1.7 liter
- Burn Time: Per 8 oz (600 ml) Fuel Bottle: ~98 minutes
- Boil Time 1 Liter Water: 2.8 minutes
- Fuel: Kerosene
MSR stoves DO NOT include any fuel bottles pictured. Sorry about it and please don't hate us.