Moosejaw Staff Pick
"I have stayed in some really nice hotels in my life. I am talking like chocolate-on-your-pillow style hotels! The MSR Hubba Hubba is not that nice, but taken in context it is even better! On the trail it is all about weight to value ratio for me, and the Hubba Hubba more than pays for itself. The ultra light DAC pole system is a one-piece design that sets up quickly and easily to create the frame for this free standing tent. Free standing is a simple concept, but when it is down pouring (it constantly pours buckets on me) it makes it crazy fast to set your shelter and get into cover. Once inside, there are three key features that make the tent for me: 1) A double vestibule - great for stashing boots and random gear on either side of the tent. 2) A double door for exit on either side - I like the people I hike with, but not enough to lay on them as I pass by to head out of the tent (that includes my wife... JK... I supes like my wife) and 3) General size - as a 6 foot guy I find the length and internal height to offer enough room while not adding to much weight for additional room. Polish all this off with the capability to have a bare bones setup for quick shelter, a ton of mesh for some great camping under the stars, and the coolest name ever, and you have a 5 star hotel on the trail! Personal opinion, I don't know how you have survived a backpacking trip without one. :)"
Nick aka Thunderlazer - Ann Arbor Moosejaw
The MSR Hubbu Hubba tent is literally one of the greatest tents ever. What makes it so gosh darn popular? Well, the Hubba Hubba weighs in at a mere 4 pounds (1.8 kg) for starters, and offers more that enough room for two to camp in comfort. The freestanding, easy-pitch hub and pole system sets up in a flash and is strong enough to handle the unpredictability of summer alpine conditions. The Hubba Hubba also offers three setup options, two full-size doors and vestibules, strong aluminum poles and factory-taped seams, which help round out the features that make it STILL one of the best selling Fast and Light tents in the world.
DECENT FEATURES of the MSR Hubba Hubba 2 Person Tent
- Livable: Unique pole configuration provides maximum interior space, Stay-Dry entrances and large vestibules
- Ventilation: Mesh canopies offer excellent ventilation in warmer climates
- Easy Set-Up: Hub system reduces number of individual poles making setup fast
- Versatile: Optional, freestanding set-up with fly and footprint only, or add the new Gear Shed for added space
- Fast and Easy: Hub system allows all pole sections to be connected, making set up ultra-fast and easy
- Versatile: Freestanding set up with just fly and poles for minimalist trips
- Maximum Space: Two full vestibules and two door provide easy access to spacious interior
- Capacity: 2 Person
- Doors: 2
- Minimum Weight: 4 lbs / 1.83 kg
- Packed Weight: 4 lbs 8 oz / 2.04 kg
- Floor Area: 2.7 square meter / 29 square feet
- Vestibule Area: 1.62 square meter / 17.5 square feet
- Tent Volume: 43 cubic feet / 1217 liter
- Vestibule Volume: 19 cubic feet / 538 liter
- Interior Peak Height: 40" / 102 cm
- Packed Size: 20" x 7" / 51 x 17 cm
- Fabric: Fly: 40 D X 238T ripstop nylon 6, 1,500 mm Durashield polyurethane and silicone coated, Canopy: 20 D X 330T ripstop nylon 66, 40 D X 238T ripstop nylon 6, Floor: 40 D x 238T ripstop nylon 6, 3000 mm Dura Shield polyurethane coated
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.