The Hubba Tent is MSR's best-selling solo backpacking tent. I have seen the Hubba in action on many trips (a couple of my friends here at MJ own them) and I'm always jealous of the fast setup times (utilizing a single hubbed pole) and overall living space. In fact, I was on both trips listed in the "Staff Pick" reviews (below): the Shore to Shore with Dempsey and the PCT with Gerald. It's the same exact tent. It was durable enough to withstand the 2,665 mile thru-hike of the PCT and then was loaned to Dempsey and taken on the 220 mile S2S trail. It functions like it's brand new.
Moosejaw Staff Pick
"I totally love the MSR Hubba 1 Person Tent. This summer I hiked the Shore to Shore trail across Michigan with other fellas from Moosejaw. It took us 10 days to complete the trek and I couldn't have been more impressed with this tent. Amazing to say the least. The Hubba 1 is super easy to set up and pack up, and the wind stood no chance of disrupting my slumber inside this thing, similar to that pig whose house was made of bricks. Inside the vestibule there was plenty of room for my pack, and while inside the tent I could sit up without hitting my head on the ceiling and I'm about 6'1" (not to boast). A superb tent overall!"
Dempsey - Moosejaw Secret Headquarters
Moosejaw Staff Pick
"Sure, the MSR Hubba is not what one would consider "ultra-light," but the tent is bomb-proof, sets up in less than two minutes, is really easy to set up in the dark, and looks very sexy in pictures. It's even good for stealth camping without the fly, if you know what stealth camping is."
Gerald - Moosejaw Secret Headquarters
FEATURES of the MSR Hubba 1 Person Tent
- Livable: Unique pole configuration provides maximum interior space, Stay-Dry entrances and large vestibules
- Ventilation: Mesh canopies offer excellent ventilation in warmer climates
- Easy Set-Up: Hub system reduces number of individual poles making setup fast
- Versatile: Optional, freestanding set-up with fly and footprint only, or add the new Gear Shed for added space
- Fast and Easy: Hub system allows all pole sections to be connected, making set up ultra-fast and easy
- Versatile: Freestanding set up with just fly and poles for minimalist trips
- Maximum Space: Full vestibule and large door with ample space for sitting up, and moving around
SPECIFICATIONS of the MSR Hubba 1 Person Tent
- Capacity: 1 Person
- Doors: 1
- Minimum Weight: 2 lbs 13 oz / 1.29 kg
- Packed Weight: 3 lbs 4 oz / 1.47 kg
- Floor Area: 1.6 square meter / 17 square feet
- Vestibule Area: .9 square meter / 9.5 square feet
- Tent Volume: 22 cubic feet / 623 liter
- Vestibule Volume: 9 cubic feet / 254 liter
- Interior Peak Height: 40" / 102 cm
- Packed Dimension: 20 x 6" / 51 x 15 cm
- Fly: 40 D X 238T ripstop nylon 6, 1,500 mm Durashield polyurethane and silicone coated
- Canopy: 20 D X 330T ripstop nylon 66, 40 D X 238T ripstop nylon 6
- Floor: 40 D x 238T ripstop nylon 6, 3000 mm Dura Shield polyurethane coated
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.