Get a FREE Moosejaw Hoody with any item over $99. You will have to add the Moosejaw Hoody you want to your cart, and use code HOODY99 to make it all work. Check out the dumb rules and details. The free hoody deal is NOT good at Moosejaw Rewards. Sorry about that part.
The Unna 1 Person Tent by Hilleberg. An Ultralight, fully free standing dome tent, the Unna is both supremely simple and highly versatile. It is ideal for journeys in any season where low weight is a high priority, and where the terrain makes for tricky pitching conditions. Since its outer tent is made with Hilleberg's ultralight Kerlon 1200 - whose 12 kilo tear strength is still far stronger than most "expedition" tent fabrics - the Unna is a fine choice for long or short trips in exposed and/or above tree line in all but the worst conditions, and for use in more protected areas any time. Its dome design handles snow loading quite well, making it suitable for short term base camp use, while its roominess and light weight lend themselves very well to mobile journeys, where you pitch your tent each day. Rather than a vestibule, the Unna has a spacious interior that easily accommodates the occupant and gear - or, in a pinch, the occupant and another person. And by disconnecting a corner of the inner tent, one can create both a virtual vestibule and keep the inner tent dry while entering or exiting in rainy conditions.
The fully free standing Unna is supremely easy to pitch nearly anywhere - rocky shores, narrow ridgelines, dense forests (or, of course, even on "perfect" tent sites) - and it boasts an impressive amount of interior space. Add to that its eminent stability and impressively light weight, and it's no wonder that it has become a favorite of paddle tourers, year 'round backpackers, mountaineers, cycle tourers and casual campers alike.
DECENT FEATURES of the Hilleberg Unna 1 Person Tent
- The Unna is a straightforward, all-season, completely free standing dome tent that weighs only 2.1 kg/4 lbs 10 oz. The single-ended, continuous pole sleeves and linked inner and outer tents make for simple, quick set up, and affords a very compact footprint without sacrificing interior roominess
- The two pole configuration provides generous head room, and makes for near vertical walls, so there is plenty of room for you and your gear
- Pitching requires no pegs, but 12 peg points provide options for increasing stability. This includes using the corner points of the tent itself, the double guy lines with double line runners on both sides of both pole sleeves, and the single guy line and peg point in the middle of both front and rear walls
- The inner tent can be taken out and the Unna Mesh Inner tent can be used instead
- The Unna's ventilation system functions regardless of weather conditions, thanks to its integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- The top third of the inner tent door is a no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, adjustable fabric panel
- The main vent is integrated into the top of the door and extra sliders on both inner and outer tent doors provide full vent adjustment options
- A separate vent cover ensures that the weather stays on the outside, even if the vent is open
- In fine weather, the bottom portion of the outer tent's front and rear walls can be rolled up and secured with the integrated toggle and loop
The SPECS of the Hilleberg Unna 1 Person Tent
- Capacity: 1
- Minimum Weight: 3 lbs 5 oz / 1.5 kg
- Packed Weight: 4 lbs 10 oz / 2.1 kg
- Inner Height: 40" / 100 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 2.5 square meter / 27.0 square feet
- Poles (9 mm): 2 x 154" / 2 x 387 cm
- Pegs: 12 V-Pegs
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.