The Tarra 2 Person Tent by Hilleberg. Both the three person Saivo and two person Tarra are Hilleberg's flagship dome tents. These are outstanding all-around tents for adventures where absolute strength is the highest priority. Their Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles put them among Hilleberg's most robust tents, and their dome design give them great static strength for handling heavy snow loading. Both are ideal for use in exposed and/or above tree line terrain in the most extreme conditions, yet because they are self-supporting and easy to pitch, both the Saivo and Tarra are also equally at home in protected conditions, all year 'round. Their roomy two door/two vestibule configuration, along with their static strength, make them exceptional base camp tents, where the users will leave camp unattended for extended periods of time (the Saivo is often used at the South Pole, and is left unattended for long periods).
Thanks to their construction, the Saivo and Tarra can withstand even the fiercest weather and heaviest snow loads. Their four poles have multiple crossing points - seven in the Saivo and five in the Tarra - creating an amazingly strong structure, yet their short pole sleeve and clip system makes pitching - even by a single person in windy conditions - remarkably easy. Both the Saivo and Tarra are highly popular with mountaineers as base camp tents, and have also found a great deal of loyalty among paddle tourers, who love their roomy, self-supporting design. Desert travelers, long distance ski tourers and polar expedition teams have also found these tents' strength and simplicity welcome, as have backcountry walkers, especially those who enjoy travelling in unruly conditions.
DECENT FEATURES of the Hilleberg Tarra 2 Person Tent
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles with multiple crossing points make for an exceptionally stable tent with outstanding snow-load handling capability
- Multiple guy lines on the tent and the vent cover afford even greater stability. Many of the guy line attachment loops on the tent are designed to be wrapped around poles or pole crossing points for maximum support
- The Tarra has plenty of room for two occupants and their gear
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options
- The Tarra's ventilation system functions regardless of the weather conditions, thanks to its integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- Inner tent doors have a full no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel for greater venting and weather protection options
- Roof vent in the inner and the outer tents that is accessible from inside the tent
- The inner tent roof vent can be opened or closed completely, and is no-see-um mesh backed by zipper-adjustable fabric panel
- A separate vent cover ensures that the weather stays on the outside, even if the vents are fully open
- Capacity: 2
- Minimum Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz / 3.5 kg
- Packed Weight: 9 lbs / 4.1 kg
- Inner Height: 42" / 105 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 30.1 square feet / 2.8 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 2 x 14 square feet / 2 x 1.3 square meter
- Pole (10 mm): 4 x 146.5" / 4 x 372 cm
- Pegs: 18 Y-Pegs
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.