The Staika 2 Person Tent by Hilleberg. Because of its Kerlon 1800 outer tent material, 10 mm poles and completely free standing design, the Staika excels on any journey where absolute strength is the highest priority, and where terrain could create difficult pitching conditions. Easy to pitch and fully able to handle heavy snow loading, the Staika will serve admirably in both exposed and/or above tree line and protected terrain, year 'round, in any and all weather conditions. And thanks to its spacious two door/two vestibule design and excellent static strength, it makes a superb base camp tent, where users will leave the tent unattended for extended periods of time.
The Staika is all about simple - but simple does not by any means equate to "sparse." Easy to pitch, immensely stable, remarkably spacious, and quite light, the Staika is an excellent "go to" tent for any use where sturdy strength is the high priority. Hilleberg originally designed the Staika for paddle tourers, who wanted a highly stable, fully free standing tent for handling tricky pitching conditions. Since then, it has garnered a large, loyal following amongst a wide assortment of other adventurers: mountaineers, polar travelers, and ski tourers find it a supremely stable base camp tent in all conditions; bicycle tourers love its simplicity and completely free standing construction; and even regular backpackers find great comfort in its roominess and relatively light weight as well as in its strength and stability.
DECENT FEATURES of the Hilleberg Staika 2 Person Tent
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles with multiple crossing points make for an exceptionally stable tent with outstanding snow-load handling capability
- Pitching requires no pegs, but 16 peg points provide options for increasing stability: six loops at each pole end, one point on each of the four non-door outer tent panels, and six double guy lines with line runners, one along each pole line
- The Staika has plenty of room for two occupants and their gear
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options
- The two vestibules are parallel to the sleeping area, so access to gear stored there is wonderfully convenient - you can even get at it while lying in your sleeping bag
- The Staika's ventilation system works regardless of weather conditions, thanks to its integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- One entire side of each inner tent door is a no see - um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel
- The zipper-adjustable top portion of the outer tents' doors are highly air permeable yet water resistant, snow-proof fabric panels, so air flows freely, even when the panels are zipped closed
- An additional short zipper and extra sliders on the inner tent door and allow the top of the door to be opened completely
- A separate vent cover ensures that the weather stays on the outside, even if the vents are fully open
- Capacity: 2
- Minimum Weight: 7 lbs 1 oz / 3.2 kg
- Packed Weight: 8 lbs 8 oz / 3.8 kg
- Inner Height: 44" / 110 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 35.5 square feet / 3.2 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 2 x 9.7 square feet / 2 x 0.9 square meter
- Pole (10 mm): 3 x 152.4" / 3 x 387 cm
- Pegs: 16 Y-Pegs
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.