The Soulo 1 Person Tent by Hilleberg. The Soulo is an intriguing combination of a number of design attributes. As with Hilleberg's solo tent Akto, it has a roomy vestibule; as with Hilleberg's Unna, it is fully free standing, and is roomy enough that if you want more vestibule space, you can get it by disconnecting a part of the inner. And like Hilleberg's ultralight high altitude, mountain assault tent Jannu, the Soulo is tremendously strong - it has a stout 3 pole/3 crossing structure - as well as remarkably light, thanks to its Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles. As a result, the Soulo is wonderfully suited for all season use in both exposed and/or above tree line terrain, as well as in more protected conditions. And like the Unna and the Allak, it has a compact, fully free standing footprint, and so is excellent for tough pitching conditions like knife-edge ridges, rocky ground, and wooden-floored sites found in some parks. It is certainly light enough for mobile journeys, where you move your camp every day, while its dome structure imparts superb snow load handling ability, making it a fine choice for most base camp use.
Since the Soulo's free standing construction allows it to be pitched almost anywhere, and since it is remarkably light and tremendously strong, it is ideal for almost any adventure. During its development, nearly every tester found it perfect for whatever trip it was used on. Mountaineers, both recreational and professional, will take to its strength and low weight, as will backcountry hunters and winter campers. Bicycle, motorcycle and paddle tourers will choose it for its free standing simplicity and compact packed size. Backpackers in all seasons, long distance trekkers, and weekend hikers alike will be drawn to its light weight and integrated vestibule, and ski tourers and ski mountaineers will appreciate its snow load handling. Tall users will love its length, and all will appreciate its remarkable overall roominess.
FEATURES of the Hilleberg Soulo 1 Person Tent
- Outer tent fabric is Kerlon 1200 and the poles are 9 mm, which makes the tent very lightweight, strong and stable
- All season construction tent wall can be extended to ground and the mesh area is backed with an adjustable fabric panel
- Dome construction with multiple crossing pole points provide excellent stability for snow-load handling capability
- Used ideally as a one person tent
- Separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching
- Self supporting dome design requires no pegs for pitching
- Tent contains pole system that makes for quick and easy set up
- Single entrance tent with single vestibule configuration allows for easy entrance and storage space
- Add an optional footprint that will cover the outer tent area including the vestibule. It can directly connect to the tent, and can be attached while pitching.
- The complete tent's outer or inner tents can be used separately. For the pitching the inner tent alone it requires optional pole holders.
- Designed for short and long trips in less harsh environments and conditions in all seasons like the forests in winter and summer
- Great for withstanding heavy storms, but the lighter weight is not ideal on super harsh extended trips
- Capable of withstanding heavy storm conditions, and the lighter weight is why some experienced hikers take this along instead of a more durable, heavier tent
- Outer tent goes all the way to the ground for awesome all weather protection
- Designed using lighter weight zippers as well as lighter weight inner tent and floor fabrics to keep the weight at a minimum
SPECIFICATIONS of the Hilleberg Soulo 1 Person Tent
- Capacity: 1
- Minimum Weight: 4 lbs 7 oz
- Packed Weight: 5 lbs 5 oz
- Inner Height: 37"
- Inner Tent Area: 21.5 ft
- Vestibule Area: 6.4 ft
- Poles (9 mm): 19mm x 285 / 2 x 344 cm
- Pegs: 12 V-Pegs
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.