The Saivo 3 Person Tent by Hilleberg. Both the three person Saivo and two person Tarra are Hilleberg's flagship dome tents. These are outstanding all-around tents for adventures where absolute strength is the highest priority. Their Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles put them among Hilleberg's most robust tents, and their dome design give them great static strength for handling heavy snow loading. Both are ideal for use in exposed and/or above tree line terrain in the most extreme conditions, yet because they are self-supporting and easy to pitch, both the Saivo and Tarra are also equally at home in protected conditions, all year 'round. Their roomy two door/two vestibule configuration, along with their static strength, make them exceptional base camp tents, where the users will leave camp unattended for extended periods of time (the Saivo is often used at the South Pole, and is left unattended for long periods).
Thanks to their construction, the Saivo and Tarra can withstand even the fiercest weather and heaviest snow loads. Their four poles have multiple crossing points - seven in the Saivo and five in the Tarra - creating an amazingly strong structure, yet their short pole sleeve and clip system makes pitching - even by a single person in windy conditions - remarkably easy. Both the Saivo and Tarra are highly popular with mountaineers as base camp tents, and have also found a great deal of loyalty among paddle tourers, who love their roomy, self-supporting design. Desert travelers, long distance ski tourers and polar expedition teams have also found these tents' strength and simplicity welcome, as have backcountry walkers, especially those who enjoy travelling in unruly conditions.
FEATURES of the Hilleberg Saivo 3 Person Tent
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles with multiple crossing points make for an exceptionally stable tent with outstanding snow-load handling capability
- Multiple guy lines on the tent, the vestibule vent hoods and the vent cover afford even greater stability. Many of the guy line attachment loops on the tent are designed to be wrapped around poles or pole crossing points for maximum support
- The Saivo has plenty of room for three occupants and their gear
- Dual entrances ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit options
- The Saivo's ventilation system functions regardless of the weather conditions, thanks to its integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- Inner tent doors have a full no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel for greater venting and weather protection options
- Large vents in each vestibule, placed high enough to keep air moving even if the tent is dug down into deep snow
- Vestibule vents backed with no-see-um mesh and adjustable, air-permeable snow-proof panels that are accessible from inside the vestibules
- Roof vents in the inner and the outer tents that are accessible from inside the tent
- The inner tent roof vents can be opened or closed completely, and have no-see-um mesh backed by zipper-adjustable fabric panels
- A separate vent cover ensures that the weather stays on the outside, even if the vents are fully open
SPECIFICATIONS of the Hilleberg Saivo 3 Person Tent
- Capacity: 3
- Minimum Weight: 8 lbs 13 oz / 4.0 kg
- Packed Weight: 11 lbs / 5.0 kg
- Inner Height: 46" / 115 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 40 square feet / 3.7 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 2 x 14 square feet / 2 x 1.3 square meter
- Pole (10 mm): 4 x 154.7" / 4 x 393 cm
- Pegs: 24 Y-Pegs
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.