The Nallo 2 Person Tent by Hilleberg. In essence, the Nallo and its extended vestibule version, the Nallo GT, are the ultralight versions of the Nammatj and Nammatj GT. They excel in any situation where the lightest possible tent is needed, but where true all season strength and reliability might be required. Both tents' tunnel tent design and ultra light weight make them ideal for mobile adventures, where you move your tent every day. And, because of their exceptional weight to space ratio, they are perfect for long distance endeavors where light weight is a greater priority than absolute strength. Certainly, they are suitable for exposed and/or above treeline use in all seasons, but because they are built using Hilleberg's ultralight Kerlon 1200, 9 mm poles, and lighter gauge zippers, they do not have the same strength as their Nammatj cousins. That said, Kerlon 1200, with its 12 kilo tear strength, is an order of magnitude stronger even than most so-called "expedition grade" fabrics, and so is easily robust enough to handle adverse situations well.
The Nallo and Nallo GT's salient characteristic may be their ultra light weight, but both are still fully able to handle all season, all weather adventures. This explains why these tents are the first choice of those needing the lightest weight tents that still offer all-season, all weather functionality. This includes wilderness photographers, professional climbers, hunters, and other adventurers who have to carry large amounts of gear, as well as long distance hikers, who want to get more out of carrying less. Globe-trotting trekkers often carry the Nallo, as it ensures they will have private accommodations wherever they go, and solo hikers love having near-palatial space without any real weight penalty. Families with younger children and those who hike with their dogs love the extra space - and, of course, the ultra light weight - the Nallo GT has to offer.
FEATURES of the Hilleberg Nallo 2 Person Tent
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles - make for a supremely stable yet very lightweight tent
- Pitching requires only four pegs, yet additional peg and guy line points - 11 on the Nallo and 16 on the Nallo GT- provide a myriad of options for increasing stability. Remarkably strong Spectra guy lines are attached at two points on all pole sleeves on both sides of the tent. The front vent on the Nallo GT also has an attached guy line, and the Nallo's front vent has a loop for guy line attachment
- Both maximize interior space by having full sitting height closest to the front, where you need it most, as well as one vertical inner tent entrance, and, because of the tunnel design itself, near-vertical side walls
- A single entrance and vestibule afford easy access and plenty of storage space, but keep the weight very low. The Nallo GT's extended vestibule provides even more storage space
- The Nallo GT's extended vestibule has two entrances, one on the side and the other, up front, on the opposite side, thus providing maximum entry and exit flexibility
- The entire front of the Nallo GT's vestibule can be rolled away to create a tunnel-shaped opening which has full tent width and enough depth to keep all but the worst weather away from the inner tent door
- The inner tents in both the Nallo and Nallo GT models can be taken out and the Nallo Mesh Inner tents can be used instead
- The Nallo and Nallo GT's ventilation system functions regardless of weather conditions, thanks to their integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- The inner tent door has a full no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel
- A large front vent in the vestibule is placed high enough to keep air moving even if the tent is dug down into deep snow
- The front vents are backed with an adjustable, air-permeable snow-proof panel that is accessible from inside the vestibule
- Adjustable fabric-backed no-see-um mesh panel vent in the rear wall of the inner tent
- The rear wall of the outer tent can be partially rolled up and guyed out for more venting options
SPECIFICATIONS of the Hilleberg Nallo 2 Person Tent
- Capacity: 2
- Minimum Weight: 4 lbs 15 oz / 1.9 kg
- Packed Weight: 5 lbs 1 oz / 2.3 kg
- Inner Height: 40" / 100 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 30.1 square feet / 2.8 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 1.3 square meter / 14 square feet
- Pole (9 mm): 1 x 120.1, 1 x 102.4" / 1 x 305, 1 x 260 cm
- Pegs: 16 V-Pegs
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.