The Kaitum GT 2 Person Tent by Hilleberg. While both the Kaitum and the extended vestibule Kaitum GT were conceived as Ultralight complements to Hilleberg's Keron and Keron GT, the Kaitum models easily stand on their own merits. Both the two- and three-person Kaitum versions and their GT counterparts are ideal for trips where light weight is a higher priority than maximum strength and where extra comfort is important, but where true all-season, all-weather capability is still a necessity. The Kaitum and Kaitum GT's ultralight Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and DAC Featherlite NSL 9 mm poles keeps total weight to a minimum while providing all-condition strength, and the proven two door/two vestibule tunnel tent design also provides outstanding comfort and flexibility. Both are ideal for mobile adventures that involve moving camp frequently, and both are equally well-suited for long and short adventures. The Kaitum and Kaitum GT are outstanding for use in protected terrain in any weather, and both are also easily robust enough to handle use in exposed and/or above tree-line terrain in all but the worst conditions. And both the Kaitum and Kaitum GT are excellent for warm weather endeavors, since the front section of both the standard and the extended vestibules can be completely rolled away for maximum air flow.
Because of their two door/two vestibule configuration and their ultralight materials and construction, the Kaitum and Kaitum GT provide a stunning balance of super light weight, overall comfort and high strength. Backpackers love the Kaitum's light weight and remarkable roominess, as do paddle and bicycle tourers, who also appreciate its small packed size. Hunters, winter campers, and climbers favor the Kaitum because of its all-season strength (and, of course, its low weight). And taller users will find the Kaitum's plentiful floor space, vertical entrances, and vertical walls a roomy pleasure. The Kaitum GT goes one spacious step further with its extended vestibule, and so will appeal to those adventurers - including backpackers, winter campers, hunters, climbers, bicycle or paddle tourers - who want more room and flexibility. Without a big weight increase, the GT versions offer both a regular-sized vestibule, and an extended one, which has two entrances, one on the side and one up front, on the opposite side. Indeed, while in development, the Kaitum GT quickly became the tent of choice for multi-day ski tours, since it offers so much more space for both gear storage and food preparation with such little weight penalty.
FEATURES of the Hilleberg Kaitum GT 2 Person Tent
- Outer tent fabric is Kerlon 1200 and the poles are 9mm, which make tent very lightweight and give stability to tent
- Outer tent walls can be extend to the ground and mesh area are backed with adjustable fabric panels
- Tunel construction provided maximum space to weight which is ideal choice for mobile journey
- This tent can be use ideally for two person
- Dual entrance tent with single vestibule configuration allows for easy entrance and storage space
- Add on the optional footprint that will cover the entire tent and vestibule and can be left attached to the tent even when pitching
- Optional footprint covers the whole area of the outer tent, including the vestibules
- The complete tents outer or inner tents can be used separately. With adjusting some few minor settings moving detachable pole holder from the outer to inner tent
- Designed for short and long trips in less harsh environments and conditions in all seasons like the forests in winter and summer
- Great for withstanding heavy storms, but the lighter weight is not ideal on super harsh extended trips
- Capable of withstanding heavy storm conditions, and the lighter weight is why some experienced hikers take this along instead of a more durable, heavier tent. It's all about the weight
- Outer tent goes all the way to the ground for awesome all weather protection
- Designed using lighter weight zippers and inner tent and floor fabrics to keep the weight at a minimum
SPECIFICATIONS of the Hilleberg Kaitum GT 2 Person Tent
- Capacity: 2
- Minimum Weight: 6 lbs 6 oz / 2.9 kg
- Packed Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz / 3.5 kg
- Inner Height: 40" / 100 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 31 square feet / 2.9 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 25 square feet + 13 square feet / 2.3 square meter + 1.2 square meter
- Pole (9 mm): 2 x 102.4, 2 x 120.1" / 2 x 260, 2 x 305 cm
- Pegs: 22 V-Pegs
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.