The Hilleberg Kaitum 2 Person Tent is an all season tent for trekking various types of backcountry. The Kaitum 2 is a tunnel design, offering two doors and two vestibules. While the Hilleberg Red Label tents are lighter in weight (than the stronger black label tents), they also balance all season strength for various conditions. The durable Kerlon 1200 fabric touches the ground to block out drafts and weather, protecting you, your camping buddy, and gear. A bathtub floor design prevents ground water from seeping inside from below. The vents in each vestibule provide snow-proof air flow. Can't hate on a cool breeze during a warm night.
FEATURES of the Hilleberg Kaitum 2 Person Tent
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles make for a supremely strong yet very lightweight tent
- Pitching requires only four pegs, yet additional peg and guy line points - 14 on the Kaitum and 18 on the Kaitum GT - provide a myriad of options for increasing stability. Remarkably strong Spectra guy lines are attached to each vestibule vent and at two points on all pole sleeves on both sides of the tent
- Both the Kaitum and the Kaitum GT models have impressively spacious interiors, thanks to their generous width, full sitting height in the entire inner tent (and a bit more height in the middle of the tent), the two vertical inner tent entrances, and the tunnel design itself, which creates near-vertical side walls. These tents' inner tent length also makes them our best Ultra light tent for tall users
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options
- One standard and one extended vestibule in the Kaitum GT afford even more gear storage and comfort
- The Kaitum GT's extended vestibule has two entrances, one on the side and the other, up front, on the opposite side, thus providing maximum entry and exit lexibility
- The entire standard vestibule's and/or the front end of the extended GT vestibule can be rolled away for maximum viewing and superb warm weather venting
- The ventilation system in both the Kaitum and Kaitum GT function regardless of the weather conditions, thanks to their integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- Inner tent doors have a full no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel for greater venting and weather protection options
- Large vents in each vestibule, placed high enough to keep air moving even if the tent is dug down into deep snow
- Vestibule vents are backed with no-see-um mesh and adjustable, air permeable snow-proof panels that are accessible from inside the vestibules
SPECIFICATIONS of the Hilleberg Kaitum 2 Person Tent
- Capacity: 2
- Minimum Weight: 5 lbs 5 oz / 2.4 kg
- Packed Weight: 6 lbs 6 oz / 2.9 kg
- Inner Height: 40" / 100 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 31 square feet / 2.9 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 2 x 13 square feet / 2 x 1.2 square meter
- Poles: 9 mm: 2 x 102.4, 1 x 120.1" / 2 x 260, 1 x 305 cm
- Pegs: 18 V-Pegs
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.