Get a FREE $100 Almost Gift Card with any item over $499. Just use code MJCARD in your cart to get the deal. Click to read about all the important rules and details. The deal is NOT good at Moosejaw Rewards. Sorry about that part.
The Jannu 2 Person Tent by Hilleberg. The Jannu is Hilleberg's strongest, ultra-lightweight dome tent model, and is in some respects the ultralight version of the Tarra, but with only one entrance. At the same time, it is very much its own creature. For while it is an Ultralight tent, it is nonetheless ideal for harsh, high altitude use, and both exposed and/or above tree line terrain and protected conditions in all seasons and all weathers. Its compact footprint shines in limited-space sites, such as knife-edge ridges and small ledges, and it is very stable, even in high winds. Yet it is also easily light enough for use on long distance trips where low weight is a high priority. The Jannu's single entrance and vestibule favor lighter weight over absolute comfort, and its dome design gives it exceptional static strength for handling snow loading. As a result, it is a fine choice both for base camp situations, and for mobile adventures, where you pitch your tent every day.
The Jannu was designed to be the ultimate, high-altitude mountaineering assault tent. Yet it is still easily light enough for weekend hikes in the hills. Thus, while the Jannu's strength and light weight has made it the tent of choice for alpine mountaineers, its excellent snow-loading resistance have made it extremely popular with winter campers, hunters, and high altitude trekkers. Its light weight and self-supporting structure have also attracted many long distance backpackers and paddle tourers. And, since it is quite strong and spacious yet also very light, solo adventurers expecting the harshest conditions favor the Jannu, as well.
DECENT FEATURES of the Hilleberg Jannu 2 Person Tent
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles with multiple crossing points make for an exceptionally lightweight yet stable tent with excellent snow-load handling capability
- Multiple guy lines on the tent and the vent cover afford even greater stability. Many of the guy line attachment loops on the tent are designed to be wrapped around poles or pole crossing points for maximum support
- The Jannu has room for two occupants and their gear
- A single entrance and vestibule afford easy access and plenty of storage space, but keep the weight very low
- The entrance itself is asymmetric, and allows you to enter and exit from either side or from the end, so you can nearly always get in and out in the lee of the wind
- The Jannu's ventilation system functions regardless of weather conditions, thanks to its integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- Inner tent door has a full no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel for greater venting and weather protection options
- Roof vent in the inner and the outer tent are accessible from inside the tent
- Both inner and outer tent roof vents can be opened or closed completely
- The inner tent vent is no see - um mesh backed by zipper-adjustable fabric panel, and the outer tent vent has an integrated panel of highly water resistant, air permeable and snow-proof fabric, allowing for air-fl ow even if the vent is zipped closed
- A separate vent cover ensures that the weather stays on the outside, even if the vents are fully open
The SPECS of the Hilleberg Jannu 2 Person Tent
- Capacity: 2
- Minimum Weight: 5 lbs 8 oz / 2.5 kg
- Packed Weight: 6 lbs 6 oz / 2.9 kg
- Inner Height: 40" / 100 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 36.6 square feet / 3.3 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 13 square feet / 1.2 square meter
- Pole (9 mm): 2 x 144.9, 1 x 146.8" / 2 x 368, 1 x 373 cm
- Pegs: 15 V-Pegs
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.