The Allak 2 Person Tent by Hilleberg. Hilleberg's goal with the Allak was to create a completely freestanding, all season, yet very light dome tent - in other words, an ultralight Staika. The Allak uses the same integrated vestibule design as the Staika, as well as a similar 3 pole structure, but it employs ultralight materials for weight savings. The result is a two door, two vestibule tent that weighs just 3.0 kg/6 lbs 10 oz. The Allak's three poles cross in three places, so it is sturdy enough for all season use in both exposed and/or above tree line terrain as well as protected conditions. But because of its Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles, it is not as stout as its Kerlon 1800 cousin, the Staika. Its exceptionally compact footprint and free standing design are ideal for tough pitching conditions, such as rocky ground and sand, and it is easily light enough for mobile journeys, where you move your camp every day. At the same time, its three pole dome structure is strong enough for some base camp use, where you leave your tent unattended, especially in moderate conditions.
Over its two year development, the Allak became the tent of choice for anyone wanting the convenience of a totally free standing design in an ultralight package. Anytime Hilleberg's testers were uncertain about what kind of terrain or conditions they might experience on a trip, they grabbed an Allak. Paddlers love its ability to be pitched nearly anywhere, while backpackers are drawn to its roomy stability and wonderfully light weight. Mountaineers appreciate both the Allak's free standing design and its roominess, as well as its ability to deal with snow loading. And taller adventurers will be pleasantly surprised at its remarkable length.
FEATURES of the Hilleberg Allak 2 Person Tent
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles with multiple crossing points make for an exceptionally lightweight yet stable tent with excellent snow-load handling capability
- Pitching requires no pegs, but 12 peg points provide options for increasing stability: six loops, one at each pole end and six dual guy lines with line runners, two along each pole line
- The Allak has plenty or room for two occupants and their gear
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options
- The two vestibules are parallel to the sleeping area, so access to gear stored there is wonderfully convenient - you can even get at it while lying in your sleeping bag
- The Allak's ventilation system works regardless of weather conditions, thanks to its integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- One entire side of each inner tent door is a no see - um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel
- Zipper-adjustable vents in the outer tent above each door are made from highly air permeable, water resistant and snow-proof fabric, so air flows freely, even when the panels are zipped closed
- An additional short zipper and extra sliders on the inner tent door allow the top of the door to be opened completely
- A separate vent cover ensures that the weather stays on the outside, even if the vents are fully open
SPECIFICATIONS of the Hilleberg Allak 2 Person Tent
- Capacity: 2
- Minimum Weight: 5 lbs 12 oz / 2.6 kg
- Packed Weight: 6 lbs 13 oz / 3.1 kg
- Inner Height: 42" / 105 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 32.3 square feet / 3.0 square meter
- Vestibule Area: 2 x 9.7 square feet / 2 x 0.9 square meter
- Pole (9 mm): 3 x 145.7" / 3 x 370 cm
- Pegs: 12 V-Pegs
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.