The Akto 1 person tent by Hilleberg is ideal any time you need the lightest weight, all condition solo tent. It is especially good for long trips of any kind, in any season, where light weight is a very high priority. And while it was not designed for extreme use in exposed and/or above tree line terrain, the Akto has proven itself on extended polar expeditions, and so will stand up well to all conditions. This is, in part, because of the Akto’s roomy configuration – it will easily accommodate you and your gear – and because of its remarkably strong Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric. Its single pole tunnel tent construction, very light (yet very strong) Kerlon 1200 and 9 mm pole make it best suited for mobile trips, where you move your camp every day.
When Hileberg first introduced the Akto over a decade ago, they did not know that it would become as popular as it has. Although only slightly heavier than a bivy bag, the Akto offers near-luxury, all-season shelter for the solo traveler – lodging that includes a vestibule and a packed size small enough to fit into a side pocket on many packs.Hikers, climbers, bicycle tourers and sea kayakers alike have embraced its lightweight roominess, and today it is being used in every clime, all over the world. Long distance backpackers especially appreciate having a sturdy, comfortable room of their own at the end of a long day on the trail. Trekkers find it excellent lightweight accommodation insurance for when traditional lodging in far flung places is overcrowded, overpriced, or unavailable. And tall users find it one of the few solo tents available that has enough room.
FEATURES of the Hilleberg Akto 1 Person Tent
- The Akto has true all-season capability, yet its total weight is only 1.6 kg/3 lbs 8 oz Our tunnel design and linked inner and outer tents makes it very simple and quick to set up, and provides a high degree of stability in all conditions
- Thee single pole offers full sitting height in the middle of the tent, while sturdy fiberg lass rod sin the corners of the outer tent provide extra height, eliminating the claustrophobia that many solo tents engender
- The Akto has plenty of room for one occupant and his or her gear
- Pitching requires only four pegs - one for each of the corner guy lines - yet an additional six points provide more options for increasing stability. This includes using the corner points at the head and foot ends of the tent and the double guy lines with double line runners on both sides of the pole sleeve. If needed, another guy line can be added to the front vent hood
- The inner tent can be taken out and the Akto Mesh Inner tent can be used instead
- The Akto's ventilation system functions regardless of weather conditions, thanks to its integrated components
- Highly breathable yet water repellent inner tent fabric
- The top half of the inner tent door has a no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized fabric panel
- The fully adjustable main front vent is integrated into the door and is protected by a generous hood
- Both head and foot end panels are a venting fabric that is highly air permeable but still able to keep rain and snow out (the panels are protected by the overhang formed by the guy line attachment points)
- Zippered openings in the end panels allow more venting in warmer weather
SPECIFICATIONS of the Hilleberg Akto 1 Person Tent
- Capacity: 1
- Minimum Weight: 2 lbs 10 oz / 1.2 kg
- Packed Weight: 3 lbs 8 oz / 1.6 kg
- Inner Height: 36" / 90 cm
- Inner Tent Area: 1.7 square meter / 18.3 square feet
- Vestibule Area: 0.8 square meter / 8.6 square feet
- Pole (10 mm): 1 x 115.4" / 1 x 293 cm
- Pegs: 10 V-Pegs
OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean.
This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.
Moosejaw CANNOT ship Hilleberg products to Japan, Hong-Kong, Korea, or any country in Europe. Sorry about everything.