"In Stock" means this item is ready to ship. Orders placed before 3pm EST using Ship Speeds of 1-5 Days will ship SAME DAY. Orders using 5-10 day shipping will ship within one business day.
"Ship Date" means we'll special-order the product for you and this is the date we expect your shipment to leave our warehouse.
"Oversized" means the item is too large for 5-10 Day Shipping (Free over $49) and can only be shipped via 4-5 Day Shipping. Additional shipping charges may apply.
"Freight" means the item is too large for 5-10 Day Shipping (Free over $49) and must be shipped by truck freight for an additional fee. Someone must be present to accept delivery so we will call to schedule.
If you have any questions, please Live Chat one of our sort of smart customer experience personnel.
If you are one of the few that enjoy speaking to real human, please call 877-666-7352
The Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 2 mtnGLO Tent is an ultralight tent with integrated LED lights for a mixture of fun and adventuring. Built right into the seams of the tent is a mtnGLO® LED light strand, so you can hang out on your own or with a friend, sorting gear or playing a game. The remote control requires three AAA batteries, not included, to turn the lights on and off. The tent itself features a single entrance and vestibule, with a combination of mesh and nylon for breathability and protection through the night. Toss the rainfly for additional privacy or weather protection. The trail weight (tent, fly, & poles) of 2lb allows you to bounce along the trail without weighing down your pack.
FEATURES of the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 2 mtnGLO Tent
Rated 5 out of
Lighter than most bivy'sSuper lightweight and compact. Mtnglo lighting system is a great feature. This two person tent works well with one person plus some gear. Two people would be pretty tight.
Date published: 2016-09-14
Rated 5 out of
Light, quick to set up, mtnGLO is a nice touchThis is my initial review after just one use. I picked this tent to use for bikepacking, so keeping weight down is one of my top priorities. After just my first use, here are a few thoughts:
- Very light: For a 2-person tent, it's hard (but possible) to go lighter. The fast fly option is a nice to have and I hope to use it.
- Easy to set up: This should go without saying for all new tents, but this went up very quickly and easily.
- mtnGLO: It's actually nice. Yes, as others have said, it's just a bit too dim to read by, which is unfortunate, but it's nice for settling in at night. Most of the weight addition seems to come from the battery pack, and you can remove that and leave it at home if you want to scrape a couple of ounces off for a specific trip.
- Condensation: I was at a campsite right on the coast of Northern California. It was overcast and foggy, and I was really happy to wake up to a condensation-free inner tent. I've used single-wall tents before (Tarptent Double Rainbow, which I love) and didn't love waking up to walls dripping with condensation.
Considerations (I don't yet have any true "cons" to list):
- Space: This is a UL tent, so anytime you combine "UL" with "2-person" you should know what you're signing up for. It's cozy. I'm 6' tall and personally wouldn't love sharing it with someone exactly my size, but I could. I'm happy with the size, because like I said, I care more about weight. And this isn't my car-camping solution. Go buy a cheaper, larger tent for that.
- Space #2: consider looking at the HV (high volume) version of this tent. They redesigned it to increase internal volume without adding weight, and from reviews I've read of the HV, it sounds like a great option. MSRP is $39.95 more, which I think could actually be worth it. It sounds like there are other improvements on that version (like additional adjustable straps for the fly). I went with the standard version because it was on a great sale, so the difference was much more between models.