The Original Bamboo Water Bottle combines an outer bamboo sleeve for style and sturdiness, a glass insert that guarantees safe and clean drinking at all temperatures, and BPA-free plastic components that hold it all together. It will literally be the coolest water bottle you have ever owned.
The Bamboo - The Original Bamboo Bottle is made from Phyllostachys Pubescens bamboo (also known as Moso and Mau Tzu), which is grown and harvested in temperate conditions that allow it to grow to its maximum potential - 90 feet in 9 months! The bamboo is hand selected and cut, which minimizes the impact on the ground soil because no heavy machinery is used, so the bamboo continues to grow, kind of like when you mow the lawn. Here are some more awesome facts, square bullet point style.
- Bamboo replenishes the environment and the air we breathe. Bamboo releases 35% more oxygen than equivalent strands of trees. And it can sequester up to 12 tons of carbon dioxide from the air per hectare. (Bamboo really does help fight global warming!)
- Harvesting bamboo does not destroy its root system, meaning there is no topsoil erosion or run-off.
- Harvesting of bamboo minimally impacts the wildlife, compared to hardwood "logging," where big machinery tears the land apart.
- Their bamboo is harvested from areas designated and supported by the Chinese government for the sustainability of the species.
- Glass is 100% natural and offers probably the freshest and most clean taste in the whole wide world. The glass insert of the Bamboo Bottle is safe to drink from at all temperatures - hot or cold - and unlike other materials, can be used for just about ever. Unless you break it. But if you break it, simply recycle the glass with your regular curbside recycling service or drop-off center, and in no time your beloved glass will be back in circulation keeping someone else's water fresh and clean. I'll say it - glass kicks ass.The Plastic
- Ah plastic... Mother Earth hates that we live with it, but we can't live without it. Somehow we lived without it for like thousands of years, but now we can't. Go figure. Since the Bamboo Bottle simply needed some plastic components to hold all the super great stuff together, they used plastic that is completely recyclable, made from a FDA food-grade certified material, and is entirely BPA-free. Esentially this is a more a gentle pinch to Mother Earth than a wicked slap across the face.
There you have it. If you're still reading this, I love you. If after reading this you do not buy a Bamboo Bottle, I still love you but you won't get the good hugs.
FEATURES of the Bamboo Original Water Bottle by Bamboo Bottle
- Bamboo gives the unique bottle style and strength
- The glass guarantees safe, clean drinking at all temperatures
- Erases the dangers of plastic water bottles
- Entirely BPA-free, ensuring no chemicals leach into your drink
- Glass insert, plastic top, nut and bottom are all dishwasher safe
- To clean the insulated bottle, simply unscrew the bottom and the easy-to-tote top to remove the dishwasher-safe glass
- The bamboo sleeve and plastic components are NOT dishwasher or microwave safe
- Before microwaving, remove the bamboo and plastic components
- Volume: 17 oz
- Height: 10.25"
- Width: 3.125"