Award Winner - Outside Magazine Gear of the Year Award 2013
The Atlas Race running snowshoe is the lightest snowshoe they have ever developed, but does not sacrifice a smidge of durability or performance. The Race snowshoes are built with super light and durable materials, including the Atlas 7075 Aluminum Speed V-Frame, and feature their Spring-Loaded Suspension system and Speed Pro Binding for added stability and security between your footwear and the snowshoes. The titanium toe and heal traction design features titanium crampons that offer incredibly sure footing without adding any extra weight. I'm totally trading in my cross country skis for a pair of these.
FEATURES of the Atlas Snow Race Snowshoe
- 7075 Aluminum Speed V-Frame
- Spring-Loaded Suspension: An Atlas tenet from the beginning, Atlas' patented Spring-Loaded Suspension (SLS) keeps the snowshoe close underfoot for easy maneuvering and suspends your foot so it can move freely with its intended articulation. The suspension absorbs impact and lets your foot flex naturally side-to-side for a comfortable, stable position on traverses and uneven terrain. SLS enhances traction control too, as the flex provides deeper crampon penetration into the slope, especially on steep or off-angle terrain.
- Race Light Speed Pro Binding: The lightest binding Atlas has ever constructed, the LightSpeed Pro Binding is designed to hold the foot securely for exact placement on technical trails.
- Nytex Decking: Flexible Nytex decking is forgiving and quiet when hiking in the cold, providing durability without the weight.
- Titanium Toe and Heel Traction: Ounces matter, so Atlas designed the traction of our Race snowshoe with titanium toe and heel crampons for the sure footing with no weight penalty.
SPECIFICATIONS of the Atlas Snow Race Snowshoe
- Size: 22" / 56 cm
- Surface Area: 134 square inch / 865 square cm
- Weight: per pair: 2.16 lbs / 0.98 kg
- Load: 75-190 lbs / 34-86 kg