We're giving away a supes awesome fully outfitted hiking trip to Sweden to one very talented person. Or whoever's drawing makes us laugh so hard that MMB (My Mean Boss) takes away our shaved ice maker. It's supes easy.
What you win:
- Outfitted with Gear, Clothing and equipment provided by Fjallraven, Brunton, Primus and Hanwag
- Hiking the Fjallraven classic
- A basket of kittens..this may or may not be true.
We'll choose the most creative submission by 7/15/2013. Good luck.
Here are some of the deets about the trip:
The Fjallraven Classic hike event takes you from the village of Nikkaluokta in the south to Abisko in the north and travels 68 miles along the classic hiking trail Kungsleden ("The King's Trail"), passing through breathtaking mountainous regions and lush, green valleys. You pass the foot of impressive Mt. Kebnekaise (6,900 ft), hike the challenging and barren Tjaktja Pass and wander through the grassy moors of Alesjaure.
You carry your own equipment and sleep in tents under the light summer sky. During the trek you pass through a total of six checkpoints where you can replenish your stores of food and gas, enjoy a sauna or consult a medic.
Everyone who crosses the finish line of the Fjallraven Classic receives a medal, young or old, fast or slow. Many find the company of like-minded people and new found friendships just as enjoyable as the fantastic scenery.
Prepare well to rise to the challenge.
Fjallraven Classic 2013 is held from August 9th to 16th.
Details TBD: Moosejaw x Fjallraven Contest winner will arrive on the 9th spend one night in Nikkaloukta and start on Aug 10th we will arrange for one night stay at a hotel in Abisko on the 15th and flight home on the 16th.
Included in prize:
- Return flight US to Kiruna, Sweden
- Gear and equipment provided by Fjallraven, Brunton, Primus and Hanwag
- Bus transfer from Kiruna Airport and Kiruna Railway Station to Ripan / Hogalidsskolan - meeting place for Fjallraven Classic.
- Bus transfer from Hogalidsskolan to the start in Nikkaluokta
- Hiking pass
- Primus gas for stoves
- Food and bread. The food is freeze-dried meals from Mountain House that are prepared by adding hot water into the package.
- Safety tag. The tag should be attached to your backpack and may be used as an aid for attracting attention in the event of an emergency.
- Bus or train transport from Abisko to Kiruna airport
During Fjallraven Classic you carry the equipment you need to survive in the mountains yourself. As a safety precaution there is a list of obligatory equipment which must be carried. We provide food, cooking gas, maps and a trekking pass which you stamp at all six checkpoints along the way. Medical staff can be found at all checkpoints and they can help with injuries and other problems, such as blisters. Experienced trekking guides accompany each start group and offer help and support.