Chicago, IL 60614
Mon - Sat: 10am - 9pm
Sun: 11am - 6pm Leave Feedback
Store Manager, Chicago
Here is my Bio.
Top 7 facts every customer needs to know about me:
(Disclaimer: One of these is not true.)
- I'm a transplant from Ohio (Go Bobcats!)
- I grew up on a cattle farm and once received a calf for my birthday; I named her Oprah.
- I have nieces and nephews who are actually older than me (if you can figure that out, I'll give you the best high-five ever).
- In my former life I was an elementary school teacher.
- I'd rather swim two miles than run one mile.
- My dog's name is Dolly.
- I played the trombone for 8 years of my life, and my musical resume consists of show band, jazz band, marching band, concert band, symphonic band, pep band, stadium band, and American Bandstand (if you don't know what American Bandstand is, Google it).
Get to know Moosejaw, Chicago
Laser Portal to the year 2000. The Play Station 2 is released in Japan. Natalie Rasmussen and Ryan Crump started dating. The Backstreet Boys have a record titled Millineum. Gas costs an average of $1.26 per gallon. Moosejaw Mountaineering comes to the Big City. Boom.
Since 2000 Moosejaw has been straight up kickin' it in the Windy City--also known as Chi-town, Chi, the Dubstep Arena, Frank's kinda town, and CHICAGO. Moosejaw Chicago is known for its amazing selection of High-end Outdoor Gear and Apparel. No matter what your wants or needs, we can get 'err done.. Like to Climb? We've got climbing do-dads. Like Camping. Bam! We've got camping gear. Need a hug? Come here....lets do this.
But in all seriousness, we have footwear for the trail, for the crag, for the beach or for about town and we'll make sure that you get what you need. In fact, I think La Sportiva fits all of those categories.
**is the threat, "don't ever set one of those unsymmetrical feet in this shop again" polite?
I'm sure there are stories like this to explain the origins of all kinds of camping gear. Maybe Leki's trekking poles were modeled after that wacky walking stick bug. Maybe Marmot's down sleeping bags were inspired by a snake eating a smaller snake. I don't know; I don't have all the answers... but please feel free to ask our Chicago employees.